Uncharted 4 MP -- 900p/60fps, no dedicated servers, magical elements

http://www.vg247.com/2015/10/28/uncharted-4-multiplayer-will-have-no-dedicated-servers/

Naughty Dog confirmed last night that Uncharted 4’s multiplayer won’t be using dedicated servers.

Play will instead use a client host.

Lead multiplayer designer Robert Cogburn said: “We’ll still have a host, it’s still peer-to-peer.”

He didn’t elaborate on how host-switching would work in the event of players dropping out either intentionally or as a result of network problems.

Matches, he confirmed, would remain as five-versus-five, allowing for a maximum of ten players simultaneously.

The first chance to try out Uncharted 4’s multiplayer will be in the beta on December 4. Only one mode, Team Deathmatch, will be included in the test.

Cogburn was speaking in Paris following the Uncharted 4 multiplayer reveal in Sony’s Paris Games Week press conference last night.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-27-uncharted-4-multiplayer-will-be-60-frames-per-second

Uncharted 4's multiplayer will run at 60fps, with the resolution taking a slight hit to 900p - which contrasts with the single-player, which is hitting 1080p resolution and will be 30fps.

Around the launch of Uncharted 3, a pre-release asset gave players a tantalising look at what Naughty Dog's sumptuous adventure would look like at 60fps - something we've enjoyed subsequently in the excellent remasters by Bluepoint Games. In the run-up to Uncharted 4's release, Naughty Dog said it was aiming for 60fps, though took a step back from that target a short while after.

During a presentation following Sony's Paris Games Week show, Naughty Dog confirmed that multiplayer would be 60fps as it went into details on the mode, which introduces new magical elements and a more complex, varied brand of competitive play. A beta for Uncharted 4's multiplayer will be landing in December, ahead of the game's final release in March, and will feature team deathmatch mode. We'll have more on Sony's slate at this week's show in the not too distant future.

Is multiplayer for the Uncharted series a big thing?  I always thought the big pull was the single player stories (so skipped the series personally as I'm not a story based gamer)  I finally picked up the Nathan Drake collection since it's 3 remastered "classics" for the price of one game but it strips multiplayer out entirely.  I just never really thought of Uncharted as having a big multiplayer community despite it being a major Sony franchise.

Is multiplayer for the Uncharted series a big thing?  I always thought the big pull was the single player stories (so skipped the series personally as I'm not a story based gamer)  I finally picked up the Nathan Drake collection since it's 3 remastered "classics" for the price of one game but it strips multiplayer out entirely.  I just never really thought of Uncharted as having a big multiplayer community despite it being a major Sony franchise.

I don't think the multiplayer was ever a big pull. If I recall correctly it started with UC2, and it was ho hum. Then returned with UC3 which I guess was a VERY nice improvement with a longer lasting community. Not a Halo/COD community size by any means, but was favorable. If they improve even more with UC4, I might give the MP a go (I never bothered with it when playing the other UC's).

That said, we should be getting a lot of rage from PS gamers in 3-2-1....because it's not 1080p. I know how they deplore the sub-HD 900p in other games.

• Like 2

That said, we should be getting a lot of rage from PS gamers in 3-2-1....because it's not 1080p. I know how they deplore the sub-HD 900p in other games.

It's okay when Sony does it. I'm sure I could make a quite humorous image of the contradictions on a place like neogaf but just viewing the first uncharted page is enough of a laugh, as long as we have stable FPS it's okay! :laugh:

More surprised single player is only 30fps to be honest.

Multi player has never been a draw for me with naughty dog games, wouldn't mind if they cut it completely.

• Like 2

It's okay when Sony does it. I'm sure I could make a quite humorous image of the contradictions on a place like neogaf but just viewing the first uncharted page is enough of a laugh, as long as we have stable FPS it's okay! :laugh:

More surprised single player is only 30fps to be honest.

Multi player has never been a draw for me with naughty dog games, wouldn't mind if they cut it completely.

Yeah, the hypocrisy is hilarious and very telling. "Greatness awaits", so many brainwashed...

Edited by President Devil