Need for Speed

The actors are cheese but the overall package is solid.

I can only speak for the Xbox One version, but I haven't gotten bounced around to different hosts even once while playing online (like in Rivals.)

I can't really speak for/against the music.  It's not bad or particularly memorable.

Overall I'd give it around 90% just because the overall package is pretty damn good and they changed up the mix without ruining it.  Admittedly I always have been a NFS fan, with a few exceptions.

It has been very difficult for me to hold off checking it out on the One through EA Access, as I too am a huge fan of the series overall despite some missteps along the way, I have played NFS since the very beginning, so I have a soft spot for it.
I already have it preordered but for the PS4 (I own a wheel for the PS4 and do plan on seeing how it works), so it just did not make much sense for me to check the One version out since I will have to do everything over.
That and I still have a ton of other games to play.

Looking forward to checking it out on Tuesday though. Got a text message from Best Buy yesterday it already shipped. Maybe I will luck out and get it a day early (probably not).

Holy crap the cops are a joke in this game.  I pretty much have to stick my speed at 70mph or less for them to keep up with me.

It's like what the hell happened.

I have inadvertently discovered that hitting them definitely makes them pursue you more intensely. LOL

I am still really early on, have only played around 90 minutes total, so do not have a real impression one way or the other, but what I can say is it took me a good 30 minutes to adjust to the handling after playing Forza so right there I wasted that time just getting used to things.

I also am not really what one would describe as a "gear head" so all of the tuning and customization stuff just goes right over my head, which it appears it may be pretty important in Drifting events, etc., so I may be at a disadvantage there. Unless I am missing something I did not see any automatic options for tuning, and it would have been nice for someone like myself who enjoys arcade racers but is not very knowledgeable about tuning ,and probably more important does not really care enough to learn the basics, if there was an "Auto Tune" option similar to other games where I can just press a button and the game handles the tuning for me.

With all of that said, what I have played so far I actually enjoyed. The graphics are really damn nice as well. Performs great on the PS4 and the only time I see hiccups are related to the fact it is always online, but frame rate itself is stable. I just have a feeling I may eventually "hit a wall" where my lack of wanting to learn and take the time to do the tuning may affect my ability to move forward, especially when Drifting is involved. Now perhaps this is my own fault, as a little bit of research does reveal that the marketing of the game has definitely touted the tuning and customization as a selling point, but even still, would have been nice if they had some kind of system in place that just did it for you as well. Again, it very well might and I just missed it, I am still early on, but as of now I have not discovered anything along these lines.

You really have to change your tires for the separate event types, at least once it gets hard for you to do things.  I never used Grip tires at all until I couldn't do some of the harder races.

Some cars are just really bad at drifting too it seems like.  I had to let go of a car I really liked because of it heh :rofl:  (Yes, I know, but I don't really keep track of which cars are front wheel drive or whatever.)