November 2015 Desktops

could you share the wallpaper?

The wallpaper is by Mirko Stoedter. It should be available here, but if not a Google/Bing search should find it if you search for the artist's name.

OCD kickin in about the lack of taskbar on the 2nd display

Lol why do you need 2 taskbars? O_O  I use the second monitor for all my full screen apps, and the one with the task bar for quick and easy stuff.

Lol why do you need 2 taskbars? O_O  I use the second monitor for all my full screen apps, and the one with the task bar for quick and easy stuff.

Just OCD LOL...

Old meets new:  My new Acer switch running windows 10 with the classic Enigma theme of Kaelri for rainmeter. I don't have any info on the wallpaper but if anyone wants it I can upload a copy.

Capture 1.PNG

Edited by computerdummy_5
wrong screenshot

Screenshot (5).jpg

Screenshot (6).jpg

I can't seem to find the GNU/Linux November 2015 topic with the forum search feature, and I don't see it pinned in General discussion, so I hope it's alright to share these here since we're all one community of computer users and tech enthusiasts.

Clean

563d3fa92edb0_Screenshot_from_2015-11-06

Dirty.  Making my laptop earn its keep.  Ripping a bunch of my kids' Christmas DVDs to ISOs and then transcoding them into M4V files so I can play them on the media center PC (also running Debian Linux) in the living room without having to keep track of the DVDs.  Playing Runescape on Desktop 1, Filezilla is uploading the ISOs and M4V files to the media center PC on another desktop, e-mail client stays open and maximized on its own desktop, Handbrake is transcoding the videos on a desktop, and I put my browser and chat clients in a separate desktop for a few minutes so I could upload these screenshots and check on a few things without having 20 windows all crammed into one desktop.  Just installed Debian 8 a few months back and this is my first time ever really using Gnome 3.  I've come to really like the way Gnome 3 handles multiple desktops.  Linux distros have had multiple desktop support for as long as I've been using them (10 years+) but Gnome 3 has an elegant user interface for switching between them and allowing you to see a real-time preview of what's going on in each one instead of the tiny little thumbnail or just solid color window outlines like KDE 3 and Gnome 2 used to do.

563d3f9e02111_Screenshot_from_2015-11-06

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1276970-gnu-linux-november-2015-desktops/

Yeah I found it a couple of days later, but at the time I posted that comment I checked the same forum as this topic and even did a search for "November Linux Desktop" and it came up with nothing.  Thanks though, :-)

• Barney T. locked and unpinned this topic