Did You Come from iOS? Did You Look Back?

While I like the iPhone, I don't really like Apple and have been keenly looking at the LG V10.
Perhaps the one and only drawback is iMessages.  While I don't use them all the time, it's nice to be able to send picture messages straight away without having to have any other app installed.  I do have Whatsapp but I have never paid for an app yet and don't intend on starting now.  Thinking about it, the fact I am likely to be stuck on whatever version of Android comes on it also worries me - it's a shame I can't install fresh Android over the top to get rid of any LG rubbish.

If you came from an iPhone, did you miss anything?

yes.  keyboard accuracy

backing up 10x to correct a word or paragraph gets tiresome. 

Otherwise I could take either or leave either...both have their other good and bad points that make it a wash.

While I like the iPhone, I don't really like Apple and have been keenly looking at the LG V10.
Perhaps the one and only drawback is iMessages.  While I don't use them all the time, it's nice to be able to send picture messages straight away without having to have any other app installed.  I do have Whatsapp but I have never paid for an app yet and don't intend on starting now.  Thinking about it, the fact I am likely to be stuck on whatever version of Android comes on it also worries me - it's a shame I can't install fresh Android over the top to get rid of any LG rubbish.

If you came from an iPhone, did you miss anything?

Picture messages as you refer to them are sent as MMS everywhere else and also do not require additional apps to be installed.

Yeah but most yeah but most carriers charge for MMS. iPhone's messaging system, like Whatsapp uses data, which is a tiny amount for photos.

I liked iOS in and of itself, but I hate how restrictive Apple is with their iOS devices. Jumping through iTunes hoops to add music or video instead of simply dragging and dropping.

There are a few things that I do miss about iOS

• Being able to swipe back and forth in Safari to navigate.
  • I prefer the method of editing text in iOS
  • Visual Voicemail - think there are apps for it with Android, but it works so well in iOS

For me, those are the only things that I miss. Android has enough positives for to me to not be too worried about those.

Yeah but most yeah but most carriers charge for MMS. iPhone's messaging system, like Whatsapp uses data, which is a tiny amount for photos.

In the US, most carriers have unlimited SMS/MMS. iPhone's MMS is only FREE if you are talking to other iOS users using iMessage - otherwise, it's a normal MMS.