Women are either bisexual or gay but 'never straight'

Women are either bisexual or gay but 'never straight'
A study has found that most women who say they are straight are in fact aroused by videos of both naked men and naked women
By Eleanor Steafel, and agencies
1:44PM GMT 05 Nov 2015

Most women are either bisexual or gay but "never straight", a study suggests.

Research has found that though lesbians are much more attracted to the female form, most women who say they are straight are in fact aroused by videos of both naked men and naked women.
The study, led by Dr Gerulf Rieger from the Department of Psychology at the University of Essex, involved 345 women whose responses to being shown videos of naked men and women were analysed.
The results, which were based on elements such as whether their pupils dilated in response to sexual stimuli, showed that 82% of the women tested were aroused by both sexes.
Meanwhile of the women who identified as straight, 74% were strongly sexually aroused by videos of both attractive men and attractive women.
This was in contrast to lesbians, who showed much stronger sexual responses to women than to men.
The researchers said lesbians were the most like men in their responses because it is usually men who show distinct sexual responses to their favourite sex.
Dr Rieger said: "Even though the majority of women identify as straight, our research clearly demonstrates that when it comes to what turns them on, they are either bisexual or gay, but never straight."
Dr Rieger also said his study showed that lesbians who may dress in a more masculine way may not have more masculine behaviours.
"Although some lesbians were more masculine in their sexual arousal, and others were more masculine in their behaviours, there was no indication that these were the same women," he said.
"This shows us that how women appear in public does not mean that we know anything about their sexual role preferences."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11977121/Women-are-either-bisexual-or-gay-but-never-straight.html

I actually kind of agree with this study!

It does seem a lot although definitely not all Women can get turned on by seeing a very sexy women even if they do not consider themselves gay or even bisexual. I mean a lot of women would have no problem kissing another girl if she is hot. But guys on the other hand would never ever want to kiss another man if he is straight! Also it makes sense I mean some women are just so beautiful and sexy that even women can not resist them :) lol

After all Women are way more attractive then men. But of course I would say that because I am a straight man and love hot women!!! :)

Edited by gate1975mlm

I think this may be due to (somehow) the skewed population of the Earth after WWII. there were inherently more women than men in the world since so many men were killed. I still think to some degree this hasn't changed. not enough dudes to take care of business.

I think this may be due to (somehow) the skewed population of the Earth after WWII. there were inherently more women than men in the world since so many men were killed. I still think to some degree this hasn't changed. not enough dudes to take care of business.

LOLWUT?

• Like 2

Cue conservative outrage about liberal bias and insulting scientific method. And faux-progressive liberals using media's terrible science reporting as proof.

Dr. Meredith Chivers, who worked alongside Dr. Gerulf Rieger on this study, doesn't like the media's interpretation of their work.

But as a far-left liberal, I'm spoonfed what to think by liberal mass media, right? :)

LOLWUT?

didn't you hear about this? seriously? As I was growing up, in the 1960's my parents and grandparents, who are now mostly passed away now, told me that due to so many men having died during WWII 

BY THE NUMBERS: WORLD-WIDE DEATHS: (WWII) Am I saying this was the cause for lesbianism or the OP issue? I can't say with 100% sureness but it MIGHT have some bearing on this indirectly or directly. That's my take on this.

Yep. I've seen it first hand. Nothing sexier than two hot girls going at it though :D Especially when you get to join in.

The only reason most women don't openly admit it is because of societal pressures.

didn't you hear about this? seriously? As I was growing up, in the 1960's my parents and grandparents, who are now mostly passed away now, told me that due to so many men having died during WWII 

BY THE NUMBERS: WORLD-WIDE DEATHS: (WWII) Am I saying this was the cause for lesbianism or the OP issue? I can't say with 100% sureness but it MIGHT have some bearing on this indirectly or directly. That's my take on this.

That doesn't determine sexuality!!!!

This thread is a joke. 

For those who think this is most women, maybe you should look at the type of women you are associating with. 

It's more likely instead to be most of the women YOU know. 

then you simply are misunderstanding what I'm trying to say.

No, you are saying lack of men has created this situation.

That is ridiculous.

That is ridiculous.

Even one of the people working on this study is saying that this article is false. They said Genital Stimulation does not equate sexuality.

That is ridiculous.

well, then we can run with the "ye olde time" excuse that has been mentioned here at neowin as they are born that way? why do we even discuss these subjects if people get bent out of shape out of the starting gate? this is page one of this thread for crying outloud

well, then we can run with the "ye olde time" excuse that has been mentioned here at neowin as they are born that way? why do we even discuss these subjects if people get bent out of shape out of the starting gate? this is page one of this thread for crying outloud

I'm sorry, but you lost your credibility with the end of days thread you created and made a fool out of yourself in.

Come up with something that we can discuss that is credible. The amount of deaths in WWII does not affect sexuality.

I am not bent out of shape over this, but I'm not about to entertain nonsense either.

credibility? who are YOU to decide who is this or that? aren't you being a tad bit arrogant? I'm making assumptions, NOT fact! this is an open discussion.

tell you what, YOU tell us what this means, this WHOLE thread, you come up with the narrative and then you can bask in your psychological victory. how's that? I like the discussion but when someone assumes superiority over others... pffft!

credibility? who are YOU to decide who is this or that? aren't you being a tad bit arrogant? I'm making assumptions, NOT fact! this is an open discussion.

tell you what, YOU tell us what this means, this WHOLE thread, you come up with the narrative and then you can bask in your psychological victory. how's that? I like the discussion but when someone assumes superiority over others... pffft!

Oh I'm sure that plenty of members agree with me on your lack of credibility. ;)

For someone who claims I am bent out of shape, I think its actually you. Sorry, but WWII has nothing to do with this entire subject.

I disagree with this study, and its propaganda. 

Disagree? Sure, you're free to. But propaganda? Really? Propaganda for what cause?

And to TPTB, if you're reading... please can you fix the subscriber2 badge over there <---
It's a minor thing to be sure, but I'm not getting a subscriber perk I paid for at the end of the day. Been broken since the upgrade.

This is preposterous! Next thing you'll hear is that all women secretly lust for Windows Phones.

ok you've taken it TOO far now........:woot:. there's always one isnt there? :yes: LOL on the actual topic, pfft nonsenical, people find different things attractive, doesn't mean they are bi or gay.

Hell, my good lady would say jokingly, check her, shes hot, even id do her! Doesn't meant shes bi or gay, also means i don't have to "pretend" not to have noticed :p heh 

Edited by Mando
  • Like 1

Ha! To say "ALL WOMEN" is frankly ridiculous. I know plenty of straight women that are happy to say another women is attractive but they physically wouldn't sleep with them because they're straight.
Being more open about what you can say does not equal "Bisexual".

• Like 3

This study can honestly be applied to both genders, but aside from that it's complete crap. Everyone has a little same sex attraction in them. People are attracted to the same sex on some level or another. Whether or not that's thinking they look good in that shirt or dress, haircut, etc... to full blown attraction that creates an arousal. It's not a black and white line. There's also the studies, especially with younger generations where they don't identify as gay or bisex yet will sleep or mess around with the same sex. I.e people that say they only date the opposite sex, but will make out or get off with a guy after a bar or being lonely.

Edited by shockz
  • Like 2