EU customs and ebay delivery questions

Hey all,

So recently my Gaggia coffe machine has started losing pressure whilst pulling a shot, long story short, it's a valve that needs replacement (pretty normal wear an tear).

I want to order this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAGGIA-PARTS-REPAIR-KIT-FOR-PURE-COLOR-SAECO-NINA-STARBUCKS-SIRENA-/221932199637?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

That seller is in Bulgaria and have it shipped to spain. According to google, anything shipped within the european union has no custom taxes / duties. ( I want it shipped to spain, because I will visit my gf in december and shipping is cheaper and easier, than ordering it to my country (honduras) ).

Anyway, as this is something i've never done, looking  for some input for inbetween EU ebay purchases?

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/common/buying_online/buying_goods/within_eu_en.htm

I agree, however since ebay goods are not necessarily from a registered store?

Doesn't matter, I can import any amount of goods from another EU country, and there's no import duty to pay. Whether from a store, another person, or whatever.

The only exception is with digital goods now - whereby they're taxed at the rate of the country you're in, rather than the country that they're bought from. So if I buy a digital item from someone in Germany, VAT is charged at the UK rate (where I live) rather than the German rate. Oh, and there's special rules around alcohol and tobacco too.

Doesn't matter, I can import any amount of goods from another EU country, and there's no import duty to pay. Whether from a store, another person, or whatever.

The only exception is with digital goods now - whereby they're taxed at the rate of the country you're in, rather than the country that they're bought from. So if I buy a digital item from someone in Germany, VAT is charged at the UK rate (where I live) rather than the German rate. Oh, and there's special rules around alcohol and tobacco too.

Thanks for clearing matters up.

Have you bought anything via ebay from any other country in the uk? (non special goods like booze and tobacco obviously), how swift is the process? eg. once you buy from the seller, is  it as simple as ordering and receiving on your doorstep in N days?

Thanks for clearing matters up.

Have you bought anything via ebay from any other country in the uk? (non special goods like booze and tobacco obviously), how swift is the process? eg. once you buy from the seller, is  it as simple as ordering and receiving on your doorstep in N days?

I do it regularly. Delivery really is highly dependant on the seller, on how quick they send and via what service.  Last week, I had something arrive from Germany in 2 days, a month before, something from Denmark took over 3 weeks to show up.

• Like 1

I do it regularly. Delivery really is highly dependant on the seller, on how quick they send and via what service.  Last week, I had something arrive from Germany in 2 days, a month before, something from Denmark took over 3 weeks to show up.

wow 3 weeks is crazy! :/ 

edit: what particular delivery service has given you the worst time?

I had similar delivery from Japan to USA which took awhile before it got delivered to me. I noticed there was Japanese language on the package. It was interesting to see that.

• Like 1

Yes a package from a non EU country can get vat added and a "collection duty" by the postal provider, that said I just purchased a BMW tool kit on Amazon from the US and it came through without issue.Postage costs from the US are eye watering sometimes I purchased a "The Americans" T-Shirt from FX and the postage was $29.

• Like 1

wow 3 weeks is crazy! :/ 

edit: what particular delivery service has given you the worst time?

It can vary quite a lot, so it's hard to say, sorry.  Outside the EU is pretty much always slower than inside, though.

• Like 1

Yes a package from a non EU country can get vat added and a "collection duty" by the postal provider, that said I just purchased a BMW tool kit on Amazon from the US and it came through without issue.Postage costs from the US are eye watering sometimes I purchased a "The Americans" T-Shirt from FX and the postage was $29.

no no, but my questions was regarding to EU countries.

It can vary quite a lot, so it's hard to say, sorry.  Outside the EU is pretty much always slower than inside, though.

Alright, guess i'll give it a shot...