Star Wars Battlefront - which system

I currently own a very high-spec, recent PC which has more than enough power to run Battlefront.  But am wondering whether I should buy a PS4 and play on that.  I still have my PS3 and XB360, so am not the keenest on buying a new console that I probably won't use all that much.  So is the PC my best bet?

I wouldn't buy a PS4 or Xbox One to play Star Wars. The game is very limited in scope, will most likely have a short shelf life, has minimal content. I would go for PC since it is cheaper, will have a longer lasting online population than console, and is light years ahead of consoles in graphics and performance.

• Like 4

Server stats tend to favour PS based platforms

http://bf4stats.com/

With Sony being behind SWB marketing population on the PS4 won't be an issue. If your PC is high spec though there's not much point in playing on console unless you have friends going the console route.

• Like 1

If you're friends will be playing it on the PS4 or you think you're likely to play it more if it's on the PS4 then i'd say grab that, but if you don't think you'll really use the console for much else then save yourself the money and grab it on PC.

I personally don't see the point in buying a console specially since you have a good PC. Do you?

Apart from that, I don't get why people play shooters on a controller. I absolutely hate it. Why would anyone do it, it's complete garbage compared to a mouse.

I personally don't see the point in buying a console specially since you have a good PC. Do you?

Apart from that, I don't get why people play shooters on a controller. I absolutely hate it. Why would anyone do it, it's complete garbage compared to a mouse.

I use both, but prefer controller.

• Like 1

If you're friends will be playing it on the PS4 or you think you're likely to play it more if it's on the PS4 then i'd say grab that, but if you don't think you'll really use the console for much else then save yourself the money and grab it on PC.

You can't play with friends as there are no dedicated servers, you are handed a server based on your skill which really sucks, so PC is your best bet...

• Like 2

Server stats tend to favour PS based platforms

http://bf4stats.com/

With Sony being behind SWB marketing population on the PS4 won't be an issue. If your PC is high spec though there's not much point in playing on console unless you have friends going the console route.

Not sure what Battlefield 4 has to do with Star Wars?

EA Dice, this is essentially a skinned battlefield game. Hardline stats are on that site as well.

Same engine, same developer with Star Wars sounds and skins?  :p

General public doesn't know that. Just because a game uses a same engine doesn't mean anything. Lot's of games use the Unreal engine, but sell differently on different consoles. For the record, Star Wars on Xbox One is outselling the PS4 version. So that must not have anything to do with anything.

You'd hate me, i play FPS on PC using a pad. I just prefer it, never been a fan of KB/M other than strategy games.

It's not just the engine, it's entirely the same infrastructure so looking at the stats for servers on BF4 gives you a good indication of the stats for battlefront.

General public doesn't know that. Just because a game uses a same engine doesn't mean anything. Lot's of games use the Unreal engine, but sell differently on different consoles. For the record, Star Wars on Xbox One is outselling the PS4 version. So that must not have anything to do with anything.

It's the same developer, anyone who follows EA Dice knows this is their next game. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if they're advertising it within BF4's main menu. What an obtuse argument anyway, the guy is deciding between PC and PS4 and I merely pointed out the BF games still have a good population on console (beating PC as things stand).

• Like 1

On a side note, i'm a life long Battlefield fan, i wasn't going to pick this up because i prefer the whole real life style battlefield setting, however after playing the demo, i'm a day one buyer :p

• Like 1

On a side note, i'm a life long Battlefield fan, i wasn't going to pick this up because i prefer the whole real life style battlefield setting, however after playing the demo, i'm a day one buyer :p

I usually think it's best to pickup DICE games 3~6 months in, after they've patched all the issues lol. BF4 :s

• Like 1

It's the same developer, anyone who follows EA Dice knows this is their next game. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if they're advertising it within BF4's main menu. What an obtuse argument anyway, the guy is deciding between PC and PS4 and I merely pointed out the BF games still have a good population on console (beating PC as things stand).

I merely asked what this has to do with Battlefield 4, which is nothing. As the developers have stated, this isn't a reskinned Battlefield game and doesn't play anything like Battlefield. Just trying to stay on topic is all. 

I merely asked what this has to do with Battlefield 4, which is nothing. As the developers have stated, this isn't a reskinned Battlefield game and doesn't play anything like Battlefield. Just trying to stay on topic is all. 

Dunno about that. My personal opinion of it is that it could really have released as DLC for BF4. It's almost the same game but dumbed down a bit.
At the end of the day, it's enjoyable and that's what matters.

Dunno about that. My personal opinion of it is that it could really have released as DLC for BF4. It's almost the same game but dumbed down a bit.
At the end of the day, it's enjoyable and that's what matters.

Meh. I feel like they are night and day different. But you are correct, what matters is they enjoy the game. Looks like he is getting the definitive version anyway. Hope he enjoys the new game!

• Like 1

You can't play with friends as there are no dedicated servers, you are handed a server based on your skill which really sucks, so PC is your best bet...

Really? Did not know this.
I remember the uproar when BF4 completely trashed BF3's squad join system and Dice had to create a new one, have they removed this from Battlefront then? 

I've seen some of you reply to what I said that I don't understand why people use a controller for 1st person shooters, and I still don't btw. but can someone explain why you would prefer a controller above a mouse for shooters? What's the upside? I'm really wondering. I'm not trying to flame or anything just honestly curious :]

• Like 1

I've seen some of you reply to what I said that I don't understand why people use a controller for 1st person shooters, and I still don't btw. but can someone explain why you would prefer a controller above a mouse for shooters? What's the upside? I'm really wondering. I'm not trying to flame or anything just honestly curious :]

For me it's about comfort, and I am just better at using the controller. I have been gaming on computers since the TRS-80, using keyboards...and using controllers since Pong debuted. But I have always been better with controllers.

I just find it more comfortable a position to be in for long periods of time, also, i am completely incapable of hitting the correct keys on the keyboard apparently.