New GFX Card Problems - AMD Radeon R7 370

Just installed a new AMD Radeon R7 370, long sory short games are just stuttering to a stop, at any settings, even low.

Running an i5-3570K with 8GB RAM. I've tried uninstalling video drivers and reinstalling the Catalyst suite, and then the BETA drivers aswell, to no avail.

Any ideas before I return this card and buy something else?

Also just something I spotted, when I start a game I see a mysterious nameless program eating up CPU usage in task manager, is that normal? See pic,

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

From that it looks like the Settings app, without the title. Have you run antivirus and anti spyware scans?

Is that a pirated copy of Black Ops III running there? According to the nosTEAM label at the top, it is.

I'm guessing that's where your problems are coming from.

Well spotted Boo! We DO NOT support running pirated games, or at least I don't. Buy a legit legal copy first chap :) I'm sure if you can afford a spanking new card, you can afford the game as well.

Trying to run pirated games is just asking for trouble with malware.

As for the graphic drivers, I do recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller to remove leftovers after uninstalling the drivers, then clean re-installing the graphic drivers.

P.S. Also apparently the retail copies Black Ops III for the PC has horrible performance issues on the PC and it *could* be that the 370 simply isn't enough to run the game at a playable framerate. Always check the minimum and recommended requirements when attempting to play games to see if your hardware is good enough.

• Like 2

I tried running Black Ops III on my R9 280x and it was an unplayable mess. Have you tried running another game (preferably legitimately licensed) to see if this problem is replicated across all games? Whatever that component is that's chewing your CPU to threads, it doesn't look like it's anything to do with your display drivers, so you've either got a virus, or a system component going mental.

Something  I've also found: Sometimes the AMD gaming evolved (Raptr) program that ships with AMD's display drivers will be prone to having the video recording function haywire. If you don't use it, just uninstall Raptr, otherwise uncheck these options and it should stop recording automatically

raptr.png

Is that a pirated copy of Black Ops III you're trying to run there? According to the nosTEAM label at the top and a quick Google search, it indeed is.

I'm guessing that's where your problems are coming from. ;)

lol busted! :) 

To OP that unnamed executable, that'll be the RAT or malware the crackers put in to create a backdoor to your machine, that's what happens when you steal software ;) 

Do you honestly think people crack games, software or Operating systems just to be nice to freeloaders? Seriously?? They go to all that trouble for ZERO reward? 

LOL (a tip for you, they don't, you get nothing for free in this world ;) ) you spent hundreds on a games rig and new GPU yet you won't stump up £40 for the game, I've never understood thieves of software.

That's actually a complete load. Before I went legit and started using Steam, I downloaded a lot of stuff from well known release groups and they practically never put viruses into their releases, most of them just do it for the challenge of cracking and reverse engineering software and protection mechanisms.

If you find viruses, you tend to find they'll be added to people that do "repacks", rather than by the original release group. Most pirated games and software are actually pretty clean virus wise.

lol busted! :) 

To OP that unnamed executable, that'll be the RAT or malware the crackers put in to create a backdoor to your machine, that's what happens when you steal software ;) 

Do you honestly think people crack games, software or Operating systems just to be nice to freeloaders? Seriously?? They go to all that trouble for ZERO reward? 

LOL (a tip for you, they don't, you get nothing for free in this world ;) ) you spent hundreds on a games rig and new GPU yet you won't stump up £40 for the game, I've never understood thieves of software.

2/10 for effort.

OP, try a game that is a bit optimised at least. Also, make it something that you own or free2play, forum rules and all that.

Not ssure its related but you should of been on black ops 3 at low settings nayways BUT it has a big memory leak problem. You need 12gb minimum to run at high without stuttering issues and 16 to run flawless on ultra.  Video ram is a big problem too and cards with only 2gb of ram are having major issues with stuttering.  My game on any settings using almost 3gb of video ram.  Not sure if this has been patched since i havent played since the opening weekend.

Ok, thanks for the advice with unrequested sides of judgment. :)

I have tried it with a few games, Witcher 3, and F1 2015. F1 is bought, Witcher was cracked if you're so interested, with similar results. 

It's either very stuttery, <10 FPS, or runs fine for a duration then dwindles to a 2 FPS crawl.

Have already uninstalled all video drivers with DDU and re-installed. Will try that again.

Ok, thanks for the advice with unrequested sides of judgment. :)

I have tried it with a few games, Witcher 3, and F1 2015. F1 is bought, Witcher was cracked if you're so interested, with similar results. 

It's either very stuttery, <10 FPS, or runs fine for a duration then dwindles to a 2 FPS crawl.

Have already uninstalled all video drivers with DDU and re-installed. Will try that again.

Monitor (and log) the GPU's temperature while you're at it with something like GPU-Z.

I tried running Black Ops III on my R9 280x and it was an unplayable mess. Have you tried running another game (preferably legitimately licensed) to see if this problem is replicated across all games? Whatever that component is that's chewing your CPU to threads, it doesn't look like it's anything to do with your display drivers, so you've either got a virus, or a system component going mental.

Something  I've also found: Sometimes the AMD gaming evolved (Raptr) program that ships with AMD's display drivers will be prone to having the video recording function haywire. If you don't use it, just uninstall Raptr, otherwise uncheck these options and it should stop recording automatically

raptr.png

Completely agree with this, I generally remember to untick this during driver installation, forgot this time and thought "I'll get around to removing it" but it really does strongly impact some games performance, I removed it and saw a decent performance gain, even in games that appeared to drop only a few frames due to it. Much smoother framerates.

^Will do. Res is 1680x1050.

That card should be able to handle games at that resolution fairly comfortably. Does your PSU supply it with enough power? You'll probably be looking at ~150 watts at about 10 amps, the recommended minimum is a 500 watt PSU. As an afterthought. I'd recommend trying a complete OS reinstall, and test it with a game you have that's legally licenced (don't even install the cracked games), then you'll know if you have a faulty card, or whether it's malware related.