Perfect Wireless Mechanical Keyboard

Hi,

I have the Logitech G602 wireless gaming mouse. I have no issues with it whatsoever. It's perfect, and the batteries last 2 to 3 months on average, which to me is just fine. All I do is remove batteries, replace. The great thing too is that because its Logitech's Unifying technology, the mouse works outside of a OS also.

Now I currently have a Filco Majestouch 2 Convertible mechanical keyboard. I love this board, allows me to have custom keycaps, feels great with my Cherry MX keys. The battery so far has lasted 6 months, and I believe is suppose to last up to 10 months. It uses bluetooth.

Though I am just having issues with bluetooth. Windows and Linux both hate it and for some reason it does not allow me to go back and forth between the OSs without re-pairing. Now with the recent update to Windows 10 it just stopped working. I can't get it to re-pair anymore. Also, bluetooth keyboards do not work outside of an OS, so boot menus and UEFI are problematic. 

So I am wondering what the heck? Logitech has this perfect mouse (which I don't understand why its not more popular), why the heck have they not created a keyboard in the same way? Now frankly, I hate all their keyboards in terms of design, and their mechanical keyboards aren't cherry MX, but still. 

Why are there not more products using a technology like the Unifying thing? 

Do you mean they don't have wireless mechanical keyboards w/ Cherry MX keys? Because they do have wired mechanical keyboards with Cherry MX keys. They have the G710+ it uses Cherry MX brown keys. They also have a version that uses Cherry MX Blue. You can find them on sale often. I have the version with Cherry MX Brown, I'm fairly satisfied with them. I had to remove the o-rings to get the best effect, otherwise they are quiet and mushy. 

Stay away from the G710+. I've never had keycaps breaking except on that keyboard and I did all I could to avoid it since it was an already known issue. Same for their G35 headphones, I did all I could to avoid them breaking and could have kept getting them replaced but I just gave up on the shoddy quality and bought some expensive Sennheisers instead (that ironically feel much cheaper, yet years later are perfectly like new). And don't get me started on the mouse... the pads have already unglued and they don't even sell them, unbelievable. Coming from Microsoft products that lasted more than a decade it seems impossible that now most peripherals are made to last a couple years at best.

I guess I didn't make my point of the conversation clear lol

Why are there not more options using the Unifying technology, or a technology like it? It seems perfect to me (in allowing use outside of an OS, and no connection issues etc).

I assume Logitech hasn't licensed it, but seems like other companies could come up with similar options.

+bdman~

As far as the 'unifying'  .. it actually is a specific  Logitech 'technology' which allows ANY unfiying capable Logitech device to connect to the unifying receiver. 

HOWEVER, I DO believe (if I remember from my days of working at Office Max) MS  has something SIMILAR  .. however the receiver is 'keyed'  via either software or hardware as a set . i.e.  you MAY have to  by a keyboard and mouse combo for it to work and (again if remembering correctly) you cant add extra components to it like you can with the Logitech.

Where as with the Logitech unifying, you can by things separately. With each individual unfying item you buy you get a receiver, unless you buy a set.  Which means you can essentially have multiple receivers in multiple computers, BUT  you have to pair and un-pair them each time . 

For instance, if you have a Laptop and a Desktop and each has a unifying receiver, and you have for instance ONE unfying mouse  you want to use for both .. you CANNOT  use that mouse at the same time on each system. You have to pair and un-pair form one system to the other.

Source:  Logitech website and my own personal experience with the unifying items.

~LoneWolf