Black Taskbar/Start Menu with Coloured Title Bars

For some reason Microsoft decided to tie the colouring of title bars in 1511 to the colouring of the taskbar and start menu.  If like me you quite like a black taskbar and start menu but not white title bars, then there is a registry tweak that you can use.

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-colored-title-bars-default-dark-theme

Works really well for me.  Obviously I don't endorse this and you do it at your own risk.

Yep. You can even create .reg files, such as:

====================================================================================================
Windows 10 - Enable Title Bar Color.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"ColorPrevalence"=dword:00000001

====================================================================================================
Windows 10 - Disable Title Bar Color.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"ColorPrevalence"=dword:00000000

... so you can easily re-enable this fix, whenever you decide to change some of your color options.

Very nice. Thanks. Here's hoping they begin to include a little more granularity in their color options in later builds. The presence of registry values that allow for that is somewhat encouraging.

For those who prefer CLI:

From admin prompt, to enable:
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v "ColorPrevalence" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
To disable:
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v "ColorPrevalence" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

For some reason Microsoft decided to tie the colouring of title bars in 1511 to the colouring of the taskbar and start menu.  If like me you quite like a black taskbar and start menu but not white title bars, then there is a registry tweak that you can use.

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-colored-title-bars-default-dark-theme

Works really well for me.  Obviously I don't endorse this and you do it at your own risk.

I put the color just on really dark grey. It gives me black titlebars + black start bar. Looks sweet enough to me.