Campus zealots hound student out of lectures and bars with shouts of 'rapist' after he dared to question the effectiveness of rape 'consent workshops'

Campus zealots hound student out of lectures and bars with shouts of 'rapist' after he dared to question the effectiveness of rape 'consent workshops'

• George Lawlor, 19, driven out of lectures and bars with shouts of 'rapist'
  • University student questioned the effectiveness of 'consent workshops'
  • He now fears for his future at Warwick University after being ostracised
  • Mr Lawlor fears the furore will affect his academic work and future career

By Eleanor Harding, Education Correspondent For The Daily Mail
Published: 17:06 EST, 22 November 2015 | Updated: 19:18 EST, 22 November 2015

A student has been driven out of lectures and bars with shouts of 'rapist' after he dared to question the effectiveness of 'consent workshops'.
Second-year George Lawlor, 19, fears for his future at Warwick University after being ostracised and bullied for challenging a student union drive to hold rape awareness sessions.
Writing in a blog, he argued that the overwhelming majority of people 'don't have to be taught to not be a rapist' - and that men inclined to commit the crime would be unlikely to attend such a workshop.
He added that he found his invitation to one of the sessions 'incredibly hurtful'.
But in the latest example of politically correct intolerance in universities, the student faced a fierce backlash from radical feminists. He was attacked on Twitter and Facebook by student activists branding him a 'rapist' and 'misogynist'.
Mr Lawlor, who studies politics and sociology, fears the furore will affect his academic work - and his future career.
The abuse was so bad that he stopped going to lectures. He told the Daily Mail: 'I was expecting a reaction, but I was not prepared for just how horrible it was. I remember putting it online and told a few people, who were ... saying there would be a backlash.'
In the piece, 'Why I don't need consent lessons', Mr Lawlor said he 'loved consent' but that organisers were 'pointing out the obvious' and 'thinking they've saved the world' by making men listen to lectures about rape.
He posed with a sign reading, 'This is not what a rapist looks like', to highlight that most right-thinking people know where the boundaries are. But he was called 'classist' and 'racist' by people who thought he was commenting on what the physical appearance of a 'typical' rapist was.
The article was covered on news sites in the US, all over Europe and in Australia.
Mr Lawlor said Warwick student paper The Boar 'got all their writers together to gang up' on him with two one-sided articles. Others deleted him as a Facebook contact and sent abusive messages.
He added: 'In real life, the bus to university was the worst ... I heard people talking to each other saying, "I really want to hit that kid". Walking through campus, people would go silent as I walked past. It was really scary ... it got really nasty.'
He said that when he ran in student union elections, someone wrote on his Facebook page, 'I want to give this guy minus one vote', followed by another user adding, 'I want to give this guy minus 100 per cent oxygen'.
Mr Lawlor added: 'There was one guy messaging me on Facebook for over a week, calling me names like racist, rapist ... I've stopped going to lectures and seminars because of the perceived threat.'
He said he was driven out of a bar in Leamington after some students overheard his friend mention his name. 'These six guys just crowded round me and started shouting at me ... calling me a rapist, a misogynist, and threatening me ... I had to get out of there,' he said.
'I don't want to play the victim card, but afterwards I cried.'
Mr Lawlor's critique of the National Union of Students' initiative, published on student news website The Tab, came after he was invited to an I Heart Consent workshop via Facebook. The sessions are being rolled out with the aim of enabling students to talk openly about consent. Oxford and Cambridge have scheduled them into freshers' timetables and other universities are running voluntary workshops.
Mr Lawlor suggested his ordeal will have a chilling effect on other students. He said many had told him they agreed with the article but were afraid to back him publicly.
'It's all part of this no-platforming agenda, where they try and create "safe spaces" ... but no-one ever thought to question whether I was in a "safe space",' he said. 'People were calling for me to be expelled. You're only allowed to talk about certain issues, it seems.'
He added: 'When you search my name all you find is my name next to the word "rapist". If you want to be a doctor or a lawyer you don't want to risk having this sort of reputation ... so there's a fear that stops people talking freely.'
Last week, historian David Starkey was banned from a promotional video for Cambridge University after student union officials accused him of having a 'history of racism and sexism'.
Warwick students' union recently banned human rights campaigner Maryam Namazie over fears she might criticise Islam. Two red-top tabloids are also banned.

GEORGE LAWLOR: I ALREADY KNOW WHAT IS AND IS NOT CONSENT

An extract from George Lawlor's blog following his invitation to a consent workshop.
I LOVE consent ... but I still found this invitation loathsome ... a massive, painful, bitchy slap in the face.
To be invited to such a waste of time was the biggest insult I've received in a good few years ... It implies I have an insufficient understanding of what does and does not constitute consent and that's incredibly hurtful ...
I feel as if I'm taking the ‘wrong' side here, but someone has to say it – I don't have to be taught to not be a rapist. That much comes naturally to me ... as I am sure it does to the overwhelming majority of people ...
Brand me a bigot, a misogynist, a rape apologist, I don't care ... I already know what is and what isn't consent. I also know about those more nuanced situations where consent isn't immediately obvious, as any decent, empathetic human being does ...
You'd think Russell Group university students would get that ... but apparently the consent teachers don't have as high a regard for their peers as I do.
I'm not denying there have been tragic cases of rape and abuse on campuses ... but do you really think the kind of people who lack empathy, respect and human decency to the point where they'd violate someone's body are really going to turn up to a consent lesson? They won't ...
It will just be an echo chamber of people pointing out the obvious and others nodding ... the whole time thinking that they've saved the world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3329659/Campus-zealots-hound-student-lectures-bars-shouts-rapist-dared-question-effectiveness-rape-consent-workshops.html

SJW's at work. In the name of equality and human rights they're perfectly okay with destroying peoples lives who are critical of their ways.

Usually when it comes to SJW / feminist rhetoric - you can replace "man" with "Jew"

On the other hand, this is from the Daily Fail, so there's a good chance that universities don't actually exist.

If only their was a way to find out...

Great idea! I'll hit the mail website and...HEY! Wait a minute

Wasn't there a movie about this back in the mid '90s?

oh yeah there was, it was called PCU http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi196018457?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_1

I think they were part of the Womynist group:

Jock #1: [at a party] What's up, babes?

Womynist #1: Pack up your rape culture and take a hike!

Jock #1: [holds up a beer] You want a brewdog?

Womynist #1: We're not interested in your penis!

Womynist #2: Wait, wait, I think he's offering us a beer.

[turns to jock, speaks slowly]

Womynist #2: Um... Yes. We, would like, a beer.

Jock #1: Okay!

[turns around to get a beer]

Womynist #1: So it's like, if you're nice to them, they *bring* you things?

Womynist #2: Exactly

great movie by the way :p

Edited by CrashGordon
  • Like 3

Usually when it comes to SJW / feminist rhetoric - you can replace "man" with "Jew"

You could replace SJW with "Jew" as well.  Not sure why you'd want to, it's asinine, but you brought it up. 

If everyone knew what "consent" entailed there wouldn't be a need for these workshops.  Other than to get manbabies riled up of course.

If it's all true then it's slander. 

You think feminists are anti-Semites? How do you mean?

I think feminists are anti-everyone except themselves, personally.

I guess I meant specifically? Some who term themselves feminists are kind of hostile and crazy and do damage to their own cause by sometimes being hysterical or sensational with their claims. Most I know or have met aren't.

You could replace SJW with "Jew" as well.  Not sure why you'd want to, it's asinine, but you brought it up. 

If everyone knew what "consent" entailed there wouldn't be a need for these workshops.  Other than to get manbabies riled up of course.

I mean - if you don't see Feminism as hate speech - just replace "man" with "Jew" to realize that it is.

Your parents made you without a "consent" workshop.

I mean - if you don't see Feminism as hate speech - just replace "man" with "Jew" to realize that it is.

Your second comment proves that you don't have any clue what this is about. 

Sigh… this whole thread proves why there is a need for this.

Why? Men are being accused of being rapists left right and centre, just because they don't subscribe to the sickeningly poisonous feminist view that ALL males are guilty. Why should we have to put up with this complete BS?  Like the guy in this article, I didn't need special "consent" classes to teach me what was yes and what was no. I knew already.

This is crazy - I haven't had a run in with any SJW yet, online or IRL - I hope I dont.

When strongly confronted, I try to use my brain as a weapon... but sometimes, that frontal lobe's infancy shows through, and I get angry, then it makes me want to regress to times of being a teenager/young adult - and I want to use my fists as weapons instead of my brain.  (not saying I'd punch a woman - just saying I get mad)

So, I just hope to avoid altogether

(not saying I'd punch a woman - just saying I get mad

Hey now, Tex.  If women want to be treated equally, I say treat them 100% equally and next time one pisses you off, smack her in the mouth just like you would any guy! :p

There you go ladies... EQUALITY!

Hey now, Tex.  If women want to be treated equally, I say treat them 100% equally and next time one pisses you off, smack her in the mouth just like you would any guy! :p

There you go ladies... EQUALITY!

LOL - when I was little - I always threatened my sister - tell her, "I will beat the sh*t outta you - but that is not hitting a girl, but might be cruelty to animals !" - we were close in age - and used to fight like crazy

Sigh… this whole thread proves why there is a need for this.

Why? Because the feminists want us to be guilty and miserable like they are (miserable)? All men are born rapists just not yet realized?

That doesn't make any sense. You are admitting you are deliberately 'stacking the deck' against the ideology you disagree with by inserting an inflammatory term. Forget Jew, try the N word (I have to type 'N word' otherwise it'll get censored). Call them Nazis (feminazi, perhaps?) or some other emotive term. "If you don't find the rhetoric offensive, insert a term you do until you do"? Are you serious?

It's one thing to have a problem with how some go about their philosophy, its another to gather straw and fashion a man you can easily attack.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but feminist philosophy is not the insane ramblings that some naive college student makes it out to be. It's not a bullet-proof ideology either but it isn't the devil the internet makes it out to be.

That doesn't make any sense. You are admitting you are deliberately 'stacking the deck' against the ideology you disagree with by inserting an inflammatory term. Forget Jew, try the N word (I have to type 'N word' otherwise it'll get censored). Call them Nazis (feminazi, perhaps?) or some other emotive term. "If you don't find the rhetoric offensive, insert a term you do until you do"? Are you serious?

It's one thing to have a problem with how some go about their philosophy, its another to gather straw and fashion a man you can easily attack.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but feminist philosophy is not the insane ramblings that some naive college student makes it out to be. It's not a bullet-proof ideology either but it isn't the devil the internet makes it out to be.

I think you are bundling third wave with second wave feminism.