We're upgrading the forums to 4.1 w/e of 28 November

Dear Santa, for Christmas, I'd like a pony, and for the plain text option to return to the post editor. :D

What wizardry is this? :o

Capture.PNG

Dear zhangm, 

You've been a very naughty boy this year. No plain text editor for you, only coal. :p

Just kidding, though it's unlikely that they'll add a plain text editor with this particular upgrade.  The devs would probably have to manually code it, and I'm not sure they have the time for that.

Dear zhangm, 

You've been a very naughty boy this year. No plain text editor for you, only coal. :p

If they can't do the plain text editor, that's alright. Just the devs coding me a pony's fine. :laugh:

I wasn't able to post until now. At least they got that sorted now.

Nothing more frustrating than trying to upgrade a product that has been heavily modded as well as having a whole bunch of add-ons. As a dev I have no issues with waiting as the staff gets through it all. Been there, done that.. NeoWin has done an excellent job building the site to make it what it is today and I can't say enough about how well it has been done. In a few months this will all be a thing of the past and I'm sure they will go right back to the constant improvement we all have enjoyed..

Edited by JoseyWales

Yes but it CAN get worse.

Complex software is a tough thing to troubleshoot. I'm confident that if the same people that developed the current version are updating it, that they found the code issues causing most of the login from the front page, and other minor, problems. I really enjoy the depth of the Neowin site even though I've only been coming here for two and 1/2 years.

Complex software is a tough thing to troubleshoot. I'm confident that if the same people that developed the current version are updating it, that they found the code issues causing most of the login from the front page, and other minor, problems. I really enjoy the depth of the Neowin site even though I've only been coming here for two and 1/2 years.

Perhaps, but those same people you are relying on released the forum software in this current mess. So I'm not so sure I would assume the best.

Pony is not coal!  :p 

If pony is cooked, you all are in big trouble for animal abuse.  

:p

If you cook it till charred, it will at least resemble coal?