OLD games not working in Windows 10? Try this..

source link: Ghostrecon.net

(I know there is already another ENB thread here on the forums, but I didn't want to bump it since this one will cover a very different version) 

Most of you may know the ENB mod for GR we have on the download section (Bloom Mod), last night I've spent a lot of time experimenting with a DirectX 9 version of it, trying to make it work. (Ghost Recon uses DirectX 8) 

This version uses a DirectX8 to DirecX9 convertor, which enables DX9 post processing effects on DX8 games. I've experimented a lot with all the settings, and I was able to come up with a few (good looking, may I say) effects. 

1.A decent bloom: 
Some people like really strong bloom effects, almost blinding ones that makes the sky white with light, I don't like it, so I've made it really soft and easier on the eyes, it actually looks good and it doesn't obstruct the field of view and makes enemy spotting harder. (This effect was absolutely doable on the DX8 version, but on DX9 it looks smoother and less "artificial") 

2. Color Correction and Eye adaptation: 
I liked this one, the colors look great and the eye adaptation is a nice touch. Just sometimes it looks too saturated, but it can be changed. 

3. Motion Blur: 
I don't know about this one yet. It works great, the frame rate impact is minimal (even on my Intel graphics card), but I don't know if it's too distracting. But it's interesting to be running for cover while everything is blurred. (I've tried to make it noticeable but still subtle) 

Frame rate wise, it runs really smooth on my pc with onboard intel graphics. 
Occlusion doesn't work, I'm not sure about shadow, it does make some difference but I don't know how much. 

By default the Anisotropic Filtering is set to 16x. Also I was able to make Depth of Field work, but without motion blur. I won't share it since I haven't found a proper configuration of the parameters (and also because DOF will make the game really hard to play. You can't be near-sighted to shoot a gun ;b) (But maybe it will look good for recording movies, so I'll mess around with it and if I achieve any good results I will post it.) 

Installation: 
Just extract it to your main GR folder, and then start the game. To activate the effect press SHIFT+F12. 

To edit the configuration for INJFX just open the FXAA_Tool.exe 

credits fort the FXAA injector at the fxaa_readme.txt. 

http://enbdev.com 

ENBSeries is the project of graphic modifications for multiple games. Donateware. 

Description of ENBSeries on the web page may not be equal to version in downloaded mod 

archive (installer). 

Now, I think should work perhaps for DX8 games, ****disclaimer Maybe DX 9 as well that don't work****. But just in case, some games have the DirectX in the main game folder. All one should have to do is download the mod files, and paste in the games main folder. It adds some DX9.dll files but it puts two folders "GHOSTRECONFXAAENBmotionblur" with some DX8 and DX9 dll's and "injFX_Shaders" with some crucial files. I have come to learn that, using the FXAA_Tool.exe to edit the INJFX configuration.

You "might" see "GTA San Andreas" in the upper left of your screen or not but it works stock straight from a "stock" installation by extracting the files into the main game folder. Some games MIGHT be a little different depending on where the DX files are. So tinker around and it will give you FXAA support that will hopefully work

Disclaimer**** I don't garauntee that this will work but, its hopefully an opportunity to possibly get that favorite game working if it isn't now.

-Chrisj1968