Desktop gaming vs. notebook gaming; games not always working on notebook

I have tried to play some games on my notebook (Civilization V, Anno 2070 and alike).
I cannot play them on my notebook (Geforce 750M), but these games are playable on my desktop.

Both run Windows 10 64 bit (1511) and have the same version of Steam/Uplay.
All drivers are updated to their latest version(s).

What might be the explanation that my notebook cannot run these games (or just display a black screen, but I hear sound/music)?

Notebook and desktop specs are in sig.

I just tried it once again with the new Anno 2205.
The screen is black. However I do see a cursor, hear music/voices and I can see the FPS in the top left corner.

Well for a start your desktop card is about 3-4x more powerful than your laptop one, so it could be its just not capable of running those games.

However the 750m is still a fairly capable card, so more likely resolution issues or drivers, try rolling back a version or try a beta driver for the laptop.

Also test on an external screen if you can in case it's a resolution based issue.

Maybe try re-installing the games.

Those would be my 1st thoughts.

ANNO 2205 is stricter in terms of GPU requirements than ANNO 2070.  ANNO 2205 recommends a DISCRETE DX11 GPU - while it runs, albeit like a snail, on a DX10 GPU - my AMD HD4200 is plenty of data there; however, I have to include the DX11- supporting - but integrated - Intel HD4400 graphics of the third-generation Intel CPUs (AIOs and portable PCs).  This is also why I refer to some games as being "portable-hostile" - ANNO 2005 is LESS hostile to portables because MORE portables have third-generation or better Intel (or AMD-equivalent) graphics that support DX11 - that wasn't the case when 2070 (or SimCity 2013) was launched.  I can play ANNO 2070 on my HP Pavilion dv4 - however, that is due to the HD4200 graphics chipset, which BARELY meets the standard.  The same graphics chipset fails with 2205, and fails rather badly.  Intel's HD4400, however, runs both games reasonably well - better, in both cases, than AMD's HD4200; still, Intel's GPU is above the standards, while AMD's GPU is not.

ANNO 2205 is stricter in terms of GPU requirements than ANNO 2070.  ANNO 2205 recommends a DISCRETE DX11 GPU - while it runs, albeit like a snail, on a DX10 GPU - my AMD HD4200 is plenty of data there; however, I have to include the DX11- supporting - but integrated - Intel HD4400 graphics of the third-generation Intel CPUs (AIOs and portable PCs).  This is also why I refer to some games as being "portable-hostile" - ANNO 2005 is LESS hostile to portables because MORE portables have third-generation or better Intel (or AMD-equivalent) graphics that support DX11 - that wasn't the case when 2070 (or SimCity 2013) was launched.  I can play ANNO 2070 on my HP Pavilion dv4 - however, that is due to the HD4200 graphics chipset, which BARELY meets the standard.  The same graphics chipset fails with 2205, and fails rather badly.  Intel's HD4400, however, runs both games reasonably well - better, in both cases, than AMD's HD4200; still, Intel's GPU is above the standards, while AMD's GPU is not.

Hi! My Guess it is the Nvidia Optimus technology....I had similar problems...You Could try an older nvidia driver. Hopes this helps.

On a Windows 10 machine this might be a problem......