Windows 10 LTSB "gay rights"

Oh gawd I just have to share this one....

Owner of the company is ###### we keep talking about gay rights.. "STOP IT WITH THE DAM LTSB BS"... they think LTSB stands for lesbian trans sexual and bisexuals *hits head on desk*

They also don't want windows 10 on our network because of "its support for gay rights" I'm about to break down laughing  at this e-mail we were sent........

Pretty sure Microsoft does hire gay people, but LTSB probably stands for something like "long term support for business" without even looking up the abbreviation.

EDIT: "Long Term Servicing Branch" actually :)

You work with some seriously mentally challenged (or deranged) people.

Don't know what's worse. Mixing up terms due to ignorance, or refusing to use a product because the company behind it supports basic human rights.

Edit: Forgot to say: lol. Your post made me laugh. :)

stupidity aside, if I worked for the company you are with I would probably report the owner to the BBB because that is just uncalled for

but on a lighter note ... LOL

I bet he posted it up on an Apple product.. You know, since they don't support the gay community at all.. /facepalm\

funny you say that, they keep demanding we support iPhones... right now we only support android...

Uh, maybe you should tell them once you're done laughing. :unsure:

we've tried, they don't listen... you try talking to someone who believes sarcastic conservative sites that tell you Obama is drugging the masses for FEMA camps... good thing though this is only one of the owners... we aren't a public company but there are 5 people that own it

Don't know what's worse. Mixing up terms due to ignorance, or refusing to use a product because the company behind it supports basic human rights.

every company I've worked for had someone like this at some point in the upper chain of command, but this one just made me crack up laughing at it...

• Like 2

They are convinced "LTSB" means profits from that brach's sale goes to "gay rights"... it's hard as heck trying to talk to an 80 yr old that understands very little about tech.... we just have to smile and nod then walk away and continue on with what we were doing before ha... the younger owners are on our side and think he's a homophobic moron...

I bet he posted it up on an Apple product.. You know, since they don't support the gay community at all.. /facepalm\

Well Apple did change their logo to get rid of the rainbow.

so microsoft supports gay rights? and your boss throws in gay rights with lesbian, bisexual and transgender rights? or do i confuse there something?

so microsoft supports gay rights? and your boss throws in gay rights with lesbian, bisexual and transgender rights? or do i confuse there something?

Yeah, you definitely confused something.

I'd seriously look at getting another job, if that's the attitude they have over a generic term like this, who know what other off the wall crap they are into 

• Like 2

They are convinced "LTSB" means profits from that brach's sale goes to "gay rights"... it's hard as heck trying to talk to an 80 yr old that understands very little about tech.... we just have to smile and nod then walk away and continue on with what we were doing before ha... the younger owners are on our side and think he's a homophobic moron...

The fact they keep someone like that on the payrolls says more about the owners than their words 

Oh gawd I just have to share this one....

Owner of the company is ###### we keep talking about gay rights.. "STOP IT WITH THE DAM LTSB BS"... they think LTSB stands for lesbian trans sexual and bisexuals *hits head on desk*

They also don't want windows 10 on our network because of "its support for gay rights" I'm about to break down laughing  at this e-mail we were sent........

You know teh drill, no pics, no happen mate!

• Like 1

Well, you could kindly correct their misinterpretation and explain what the acronym really means. Alternatively, it's probably inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, so you could just ignore it and do nothing. Finally, you could dump some fuel on the fire by reinforcing their misinterpretation and hope that additional hilarity ensues. Maybe organize some protests with big signs.

• Like 1