Police hunt shooter near Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs

Really crazy to see another one of these events unfold. There has been so much debate over the past week about Islam, Muslims, Syria, and another terrorist attack, when in fact we have more of an issue on our own turf with crazies like this guy. Its so crazy to me to think that we have politicians and other people that have fallen victim to Islamiphobia but yet not a peep from them on fixing this issue of home grown terrorists. The irony is that these domestic terrorists are usually not Muslim or Syrian related. 

• Like 2

Well maybe maybe not. but he's as much a christian as muslim terrorists are muslim.

You can't denounce someone's fate because they abuse it or believe differently. you still have to accept he's a christian or you're doing a great disservice and propagating the belief that christianity is some kind of "cleansed" religion. He's an extremists but a christian nonetheless. 

When it comes to Muslim terrorists the Quran does have some very distinct statements about those actions. Also, Christians believe in Christ... and Christ sort of undid most of the old law in the Bible (that which involved most of the intolerance and "kill the infidels" mindset) and replaced it with a far more tolerant mentality. Islam and Christianity are very different religions, and the fact that people seem to enjoy lumping all religions together when convenient is a disservice to them as well. He may claim he's Christian, but his acts say otherwise. And in the Bible, acts are a big part of what makes you Christian.

• Like 3

Look, this is my opinion, but this is how I see things.

A lot of these people that happened to have firearms or are able to obtain one are people that 35 years ago would have not been on the streets.  President Regan really did a disservice on Mental Health with his policies and I believe we are paying for that today.  A lot of these shootings are due to poor mental health and I think we can now see the damage of those policies that were put in place back in the 80's.

That and trickle down economics is a joke.  <sigh>

This had nothing to do with Planned Parenthood other than it was there and it has nothing to do with religion.  It has to do with poor mental health. 

We know he also problems with doing things with Animals.  He is simply not right in the head.

When it comes to Muslim terrorists the Quran does have some very distinct statements about those actions. Also, Christians believe in Christ... and Christ sort of undid most of the old law in the Bible (that which involved most of the intolerance and "kill the infidels" mindset) and replaced it with a far more tolerant mentality. Islam and Christianity are very different religions, and the fact that people seem to enjoy lumping all religions together when convenient is a disservice to them as well. He may claim he's Christian, but his acts say otherwise. And in the Bible, acts are a big part of what makes you Christian.

Ah the Christian cherry picking. He undid all the laws I don't agree with, but he still hates the gay...

Christians need to decide either the old testament is all our, or it's all in. you can't pick and chose what sins he forgave and what people he loved. Either he loved all people or he was just a temporary janitor. 

Of course this mirrors  the Muslim faith, The Bible can be interpreted a million different ways because it has a million conflicting views and statements. The Quran is on top of that originally written in an ancient language that can't be translated and has to be studied and interpreted, and it in the same way can be interpreted in a million different ways. and the general consensus is that it never really condones war or terror or such. The whole jihad thing is widely misused abused and misquoted and mis-interpreted. often on purpose by the "scholars" or high priests who are the ones in power and can read the oldest texts and "control" their people. 

Ah the Christian cherry picking. He undid all the laws I don't agree with, but he still hates the gay...

Christians need to decide either the old testament is all our, or it's all in. you can't pick and chose what sins he forgave and what people he loved. Either he loved all people or he was just a temporary janitor. 

Of course this mirrors  the Muslim faith, The Bible can be interpreted a million different ways because it has a million conflicting views and statements. The Quran is on top of that originally written in an ancient language that can't be translated and has to be studied and interpreted, and it in the same way can be interpreted in a million different ways. and the general consensus is that it never really condones war or terror or such. The whole jihad thing is widely misused abused and misquoted and mis-interpreted. often on purpose by the "scholars" or high priests who are the ones in power and can read the oldest texts and "control" their people. 

From my understanding it has nothing to do with cherry picking.

1) There are laws that are for the Jewish society in that time period

2) Outside of #1, there is an old covenant and a new one.  For example... Having to have a burnt sacrifice for the forgiveness of your sins, but then Christ came which is the messiah and changed that.  Now you no longer need to do this because of Christ came as the Ultimate Sacrifice for the sins.

The problem comes in when a lot of people who don't like religion in general start cherry picking.

We go from the people of God which is the Jewish nation, set up so that the messiah can enter the human race so that everyone is covered for the modern time.  Back then the population was small and today it is quite large (7.5 billion people).  Remember, Christianity is just an extension of Judaism and it's a clearer picture of God. 

The only problem with understanding the Bible is trying to decode future events such as that of "The Revelation of John".  The Bible is pretty straight forward otherwise, however sometimes people get in the way.  People themselves are the main issue. 

Oh come on, of course it's cherry picking, what else do you call it when Christians pick and chose what old testament laws to follow and quote and others not. and nowehere can they say why those and not those are still valid or why those specifically are forgiven by christs sacrifice. on top of that different churches, heck even the same churches can't even agree on the same "laws" that are still valid. It's the very definition of cherry picking. 

• Like 3

Oh come on, of course it's cherry picking, what else do you call it when Christians pick and chose what old testament laws to follow and quote and others not. and nowehere can they say why those and not those are still valid or why those specifically are forgiven by christs sacrifice. on top of that different churches, heck even the same churches can't even agree on the same "laws" that are still valid. It's the very definition of cherry picking. 

Like you never do that with politics, or shopping or home decorating, musical taste, movies. You cherry pick in every aspect of your life. It's called personal choice. Don't pretend religion is the only place you see that. We all like music, in general. When it comes to agreeing which music and what instruments and what style of interpretation...

Maybe he needed attention. I mean, he's not even local. Maybe he only had bus or gas money for Colo Sp. It may be an army related incident, there are both Army and Air Forces bases. If it has something to do with the abortions, the religious official position is not to kill those that help, nor those that resort to this. Do you happen to know otherwise? I'm sure the state laws also forbids this kind of organized hunt for people, religious organizations are not exempted.

Edited by Ulyses

This is why there are so many denominations, because what they decide is the best way to display their faith is selectively choosing which old testament tenants to follow. To some (Catholicism) keeping to the old testament is the only way of recompense for the sacrifice of Christ. For others (Lutheran), everyday acts are enough. These interpretations don't change that Christ has pretty much made most of the old testament laws (if not all of them) irrelevant. This is why they are called the Old Testament and the New Testament.

In fact, here's a pretty nice set of verses regarding this very situation:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ - Matthew 7:21-23