Amazon Unlimited Cloud Drive for just $5!

Surprised I didnt see this posted anywhere here, which surprised me. Probably was. IPB search has never been good. sorry if it has.

I suppose this is a black Friday deal, there isnt much info posted on it.
I don't know if this is US only, or how long this deal will last.

Amazon has a current deal for one year subscription to its unlimited cloud storage, for just $5, instead of the regular $59.99.

I've been using amazon cloud drive for a few weeks now and I love it. I was on the 3 month trial and was planning on renewing the service in a few months and paying the $60.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/drive/landing/everything/buy

hurry while its valid.
I love this service so much that I had to share this. just now found out about it.

amazoncloud-810x246.jpg

Nice find, however I am also on the free 3 month trial and it will not let me purchase the plan, when I click the link it tells me "This is your current plan" IDK what that means, but if I'm not signed in, then I have the option of buying it for $5.

Nice find, however I am also on the free 3 month trial and it will not let me purchase the plan, when I click the link it tells me "This is your current plan" IDK what that means, but if I'm not signed in, then I have the option of buying it for $5.

I was on the trial too, try this:

Cancel your current subscription. Don't worry, you'll still have remaining trial days and the option to renew on day the trial expires. Then buy the $5 and it'll just renew/upgrade your current plan. That's pretty much what I did.

1 hour ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Meh then this just a hook-bait for teh next year.

Not really, because even if you paid full price, you'd still have to renew in a year at full price.

Great service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blank said:

Not really, because even if you paid full price, you'd still have to renew in a year at full price.

Great service.

Thats my point and that is what hook bait is,  cheap goods, then next year, full price.

A better deal (for me anyway) would have been buy as much as 3 full years at a lower price.

1 hour ago, blank said:

Great service.

Guppy meant he wants to buy 5 years at 5 bucks each.  Which you can do that on Godaddy, that you buy a domain for $8.95/yr so you add 10 years for that price or bit lower ... so you woudn't worry about paying again until 10 years later.

That's what Guppy wants for Amazon cloud service... he's trying to buy in bulk and save up.

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Thats my point and that is what hook bait is,  cheap goods, then next year, full price.

A better deal (for me anyway) would have been buy as much as 3 full years at a lower price.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

Guppy meant he wants to buy 5 years at 5 bucks each.  Which you can do that on Godaddy, that you buy a domain for $8.95/yr so you add 10 years for that price or bit lower ... so you woudn't worry about paying again until 10 years later.

That's what Guppy wants for Amazon cloud service... he's trying to buy in bulk and save up.

spot on

26 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

yeah that would be a great deal, but its still a great deal even at $60 a year.

If you do get it, and plan to use it on desktop, i suggest some third party apps beacuse the default windows cleint is just a window you drop files into and it uploads. Isn't intuitive or nice at all.

Odrive is nice and free, but has random problems on some installations of windows 10 that causes windows 10 to crash constantly. Apparently its so rare that it only happens to me and like 3 other people so the devs can't figure it out, and are just going to rewrite the program from scratch.

Due to Cloud Drive Being so awesome, i paid for a lifetime license to expandrive, which pretty much mounts mostly any cloud storage, or ftp, etc as a local drive which smart caching, and it works very well. Has a 5 day trial i believe.

If you chose to use and buy, expandrive, use the coupon code "5EDUCATIONL". It'll allow you to get the lifetime version for only $54.95, which is only a few bucks more than the current version license. Great deal.

13 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

If my interview Tuesday w/ Amazon goes well - I'll get it for free !!  (fingers crossed)

Are you going to have a tech job, or like a warehouse job?

Sounds like a nice place to work, even the warehouse.

They'll hold that cloud storage over your head, do your job, or lose your files. :p

edit: sorry double post. used to auto merge.

4 minutes ago, blank said:

Are you going to have a tech job, or like a warehouse job?

Sounds like a nice place to work, even the warehouse.

They'll hold that cloud storage over your head, do your job, or lose your files. :p

edit: sorry double post. used to auto merge.

AWS Engineer - 

It is actually in a support role - 
If I get the job, I will deal with engineers from "Netflix to NASA" when there are AWS platform issues.  It will be a learning curve, but I like that stuff so I think it will go good.
I have been through 3 interviews so far, and Tuesday is my last - they said it will be with the rest of the AWS Support Engineers and will take about 4-5 hours :rofl:

My email said to "dress casual, wearing a suit wont get you extra points here" hehe