Widening A Specific WordPress Page..

Question

I've been working on this for a week now, and I can't seem to get ANYTHING to work. I've tried HTML Changes, CSS changes, etc..

I need to widen a specific page to about 1300px, instead of the stock 960px.

I've done tons of Googling and NOTHING worked, which is pretty darn hard to believe.

10 answers to this question

I was able to change it to that size in Chrome by changing handful of values in the inspector. What exactly is the problem? 

3 minutes ago, virtorio said:

I was able to change it to that size in Chrome by changing handful of values in the inspector. What exactly is the problem? 

I'm trying to change a specific page, and ONLY that page. I can remove widgets and widen it that way, but I'd rather have widgets there.

I've tried adding it in the custom CSS, and I've tried adding code to the HTML, and nothing has worked.

Wrap that page in a custom css class and set its width.

#omc-container {width: 990px; padding:30px 0px 0px 40px ;}

to

#omc-container {width: 1300px; padding:30px 0px 0px 40px ;}

Line 10 style_1024.css

If this ID is used in other places, then wrap it with a div and a class and then adjust the css:

.someClass #omc-container {width: 1300px; padding:30px 0px 0px 40px ;}

Capture.PNG

11 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Wrap that page in a custom css class and set its width.

#omc-container {width: 990px; padding:30px 0px 0px 40px ;}

to

#omc-container {width: 1300px; padding:30px 0px 0px 40px ;}

Line 10 style_1024.css

If this ID is used in other places, then wrap it with a div and a class and then adjust the css:

.someClass #omc-container {width: 1300px; padding:30px 0px 0px 40px ;}

Capture.PNG

And.... I'm lost. I've never worked with WordPress before. Probably why it's so painful.

8 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

And.... I'm lost. I've never worked with WordPress before. Probably why it's so painful.

The changes are not in Wordpress, they are in the css file I mentioned under /wp-content/theme/Gonzo/css.

You can handle that.

If you need to add a wrapping div, locate the page in WP that will use it and add it to the content.

WordPress is probably the worst CMS I have used, but people like it for some reason.

Wait, no. DNN was worse.

8 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

The changes are not in Wordpress, they are in the css file I mentioned under /wp-content/theme/Gonzo/css.

You can handle that I am sure.

So, I did that. Made the screen wider, however the page isn't proportionate anymore. 

Maybe I'm not understanding something.

I want the Archives page (page-id-5) to be 1300px or bigger, while the rest of the site stays 990px or the standard size it is.

Maybe a screenshot of what you want would make it easier for me to see what you would like to see. Can you link the precise page in question?

18 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Maybe a screenshot of what you want would make it easier for me to see what you would like to see. Can you link the precise page in question?

Sent via PM.