80C when I watch a youtube video, really?

I have the macbook pro 13" early 2015, i5 2.7ghz, 256gb ssd, 16 ram. This thing stutters and heats up when I watch a youtube video. I tried several browsers, Safari, Chrome, Firefox and finally Opera. When the video stops, bam, 45C.I don't know what's up with that....anyway to diagnose?

thanks!

sounds normal for a mac. They tend to run hot as Apple runs the fans at a lower rpm to keep the noise down. The CPUs are rated to 105oC so I wouldn't worry.

10 hours ago, jasondefaoite said:

sounds normal for a mac. They tend to run hot as Apple runs the fans at a lower rpm to keep the noise down. The CPUs are rated to 105oC so I wouldn't worry.

yeah, but the video stutters badly and I cpu usage is at 100%. Once I pause, everything goes back to normal.

My iMac is hot as of now... but plays video smoothly.  If you put a bacon on the top of iMac... it will be cooked like a stove.

I have Windows installed in VM and video freeze then plays... 

1 minute ago, TAZMINATOR said:

My iMac is hot as of now... but plays video smoothly.  If you put a bacon on the top of iMac... it will be cooked like a stove.

I have Windows installed in VM and video freeze then plays... 

ok, it gets hot. What about the stuttering without other intensive apps opened? Happens with 720p and 1080p videos. 

Doesn't sound right. I have a MBPr 13" Late 2013 (i5/8 GB RAM/256 GB SSD), videos play smooth and temps remain at a constant 40c. What are you using to measure temps? 

2qbzubo.png

3 minutes ago, ultimate99 said:

ok, it gets hot. What about the stuttering without other intensive apps opened? Happens with 720p and 1080p videos. 

Video isn't playing very well on Windows in VM.

But video plays smoothly on iMac... 

FYI, I have Windows installed on iMac 

So you know what I was saying.

2 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

Doesn't sound right. I have a MBPr 13" Late 2013 (i5/8 GB RAM/256 GB SSD), videos play smooth and temps remain at a constant 40c. What are you using to measure temps? 

iStat Menus. I can also hear the fans.

I have a 15" MacBook Pro Retina. I'm currently watching a YouTube video in the background (Chrome) while working in a Windows VM and it's 57 degrees. Check Activity Monitor and see if there is anything else heating your machine up. I find Mail on El Capitan can, at times, use huge amounts of CPU and memory.

2 minutes ago, ultimate99 said:

iStat Menus. I can also hear the fans.

Odd...so am I as you can see in my screenshot. What else is running? 

- Go to about:plugins disable plugins always loaded and /  or enable Click to Play in Opera.

Follow suggestions mentioned here - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5572267

How to do it in different browsers - http://www.howtogeek.com/188059/how-to-enable-click-to-play-plugins-in-every-web-browser/

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2015 at 8:56 PM, tsupersonic said:

wondering, what music app are you using? :D