Have you ever ran away from home?

Have you ever ran away from home?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever ran away from home?

• Yes
    • No
    • I only went on secret trips. That's all.

My friend's neighbor's 17 years-old daughter ran away.

I was like: she's probably fine. My cousin did that and he was fine.

Anyway, so I ask you: Have you ever runaway?

Edited by illegaloperation

Slightly off-topic, but if anyone in the Santa Cruz area, be on the lookout.

Hi everyone, my neighbor's daughter went missing Thursday night. She snuck out of her window, apparently left a note but has not returned. She didn't attend school today either (Santa Cruz High).
Her mother says Sophie is a really good student, doesn't seem like she had a boyfriend (that the mom was aware of) and her and her mom were on good terms.

My apartment complex is all the way down high street, towards the freeway. Her mom says that she often walks to 7-11 on High and Cardiff so she thinks she may have been going that way?

Here is a description of her that her mother sent me to post:
"Hi Alyssa,
My daughter is Sophie Shade, age 17, 5'5" tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, type 1 diabetic, has to take insulin on a daily basis. Missing as of last night 12/10/2015. If you have any information please call 911"

Here is a picture of her. If anyone happened to see her at any time since she walks near UCSC please call!

Feel free to share this on other pages and profiles, you never know who might know something!
Or if anybody knows of other groups (maybe more for the Santa Cruz community based rather than UCSC) that I could post in please let me know!!

2e3xyd2.jpg

2 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

Ran away once when I was about 7 from my Grandma's house. Got lost and all freaked out. Never did that again!!

Where did you went? And for how long?

I was probably 8 at the time. I made it to the corner before I realized running away without shoes was a bad idea. On the way back, I decided I was hungry. Then I forgot to re-run away. Does that count?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, illegaloperation said:

My friend's neighbor's 17 years-old daughter ran away.

I was like: she's probably fine. My cousin did that and he was fine.

Anyway, so I ask you: Have you ever runaway?

Several times. I had a step father who beat me fairly often. 

I once walked three three miles with one shoe missing because it fell off when he beat me with a belt and then kicked me in the ribs when I fell down.   

Edited by adrynalyne

10 hours ago, greenwizard88 said:

I was probably 8 at the time. I made it to the corner before I realized running away without shoes was a bad idea. On the way back, I decided I was hungry. Then I forgot to re-run away. Does that count?

Sounds like when I ran away! :laugh:

I ran away when I was 13. Parents were split and I was living with my dad, decided I wanted to live with my mom and instead of all the legal / court stuff it was just easier for me to run away, have my mom call the police so they knew and continue on with my life. It was pretty emotional for my dad (I left because my step mother wasn't tolerable and was mentally abusive). It was the first time I'd seen him cry and he wasn't at all the issue but it turned out pretty okay in the long run I'd say.