Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Season Discussion

Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2016 Drivers Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Räikkönen
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Felipe Massa
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Sergio Pérez
    • Nico Hülkenberg
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Jolyon Palmer
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz, Jr.
    • Felipe Nasr
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Jenson Button
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Pascal Wehrlein
    • Rio Haryanto
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Esteban Gutiérrez
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2016 Constructors Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Red Bull Racing
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Renault F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • McLaren Honda
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Haas F1 Team

I also want to know why we're racing on a track where the kerbs come loose and cut tyres?!

Those Vettel videos were funny.  Never thought he could be like that after only seeing stuff on TV .

A note for Bernie & the Money Makers - how about releasing DVD/BR of races with driver/team commentary as well as extra stuff like unseen video/audio.

15 hours ago, John. said:

I also want to know why we're racing on a track where the kerbs come loose and cut tyres?!

Because Bernie's getting loadsamoney. He probably also likes Azerbaijan practically being a dictatorship, considering the latest stupid thing he said.

When it was put to Ecclestone that some journalists had been prosecuted for speaking out against the regime, he replied: “So they should. It depends what they say. You say they write negative things. It depends what they write.

And I'm assuming he also wants more Americans to switch to IndyCar...

“We just left the greatest place in the world, North America. Compared to here it’s a bit of a ######-hole, isn’t it really?”

And on the note of the track messing up cars, the pit lane's now getting in on the action.

19 hours ago, metallithrax said:

A note for Bernie & the Money Makers - how about releasing DVD/BR of races with driver/team commentary as well as extra stuff like unseen video/audio.

There is an annual review DVD and Blu-Ray that has lots of content, including extras. Beyond that, Bernie et al would rather you subscribe to your local premium channel that provides lots of additional coverage.

It should be a great race .. cars out of place on the grid and the opportunity to overtake. Not to mention the real possibility of VSCs, SCs and even red flags. I'm looking forward to it. Hope Lewis manages to make his way up the field!

I'm interested to see how it pans out. The circuit is a less forgiving version of Valencia, which mostly had boring races up until the very final one IIRC.

Could be anyones race really. It might be who can stay out of trouble the most rather than who is the fastest.

Could have won a lot of money with the odds of there not being a safety car I think haha.

I was amazed at how clean a race it was, and considering the amount of time at full throttle, very few retirements as well.

Phenomenal race for Perez once again, those Ferrari rumours are seeming more and more likely.

That malarkey about the radio comms situation is a storm in a tea cup once again. Rosberg figured it out sooner than Lewis, so somehow that is a bad thing. Kimi was whining too. The only downside is less radio comms to broadcast for TV viewers, but there are 22 drivers so they can alternate between them.

^^ Pretty much summed up all our reactions there to Le Mans. For anyone who didn't see what happened...

13 minutes ago, philcruicks said:

A mind boggling 1.92 seconds!

Logistically whilst the geographical distance may not be great the teams tend to drive a lot of their kit via Lorries when in Europe so actually its probably a bit longer to send cars back to the factory and get them ready for the next race. With the fly aways the cars etc will be on a plane and back at the factory pretty much by Monday and probably back out and off to the next place within 24-48 hours.

Also I imagine there is probably some elements that are out of the FIA's control with regards to when the country/region can be ready for that GP. There's also more races this year then normal so they are having to squeeze them in a bit more than usual.

I actually quite liked that race - as boring as the track looked at first it turned into what I thought was a good spectacle. Here's hoping it's stays on the calendar a bit longer!

And that pit stop.... phoar! 

By the way, with a nod to this being a forum on a tech site, I had a chance to talk to Mercedes F1 team's head of IT today and it was quite an interesting insight around how they manage their IT and how their technology choices make a real difference to race weekend performances.

15 hours ago, vanx said:

By the way, with a nod to this being a forum on a tech site, I had a chance to talk to Mercedes F1 team's head of IT today and it was quite an interesting insight around how they manage their IT and how their technology choices make a real difference to race weekend performances.

Are they looking for someone with experience in Virtualisation to fly out to every race with them? I'd grudgingly agree :p

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vanx said:

Be nice to know how much of it is in-house and how much is hosted. 

(I appreciate hosted could be anywhere from simply being hosted on MS Azure, to a 3rd party completely running the shots).

• 2 weeks later...

After Rosberg and Vettel's gearbox change penalties, Button's starting in 3rd...

CmXQHTJWAAUEPeA.jpg