Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Season Discussion

Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2016 Drivers Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Räikkönen
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Felipe Massa
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Sergio Pérez
    • Nico Hülkenberg
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Jolyon Palmer
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz, Jr.
    • Felipe Nasr
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Jenson Button
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Pascal Wehrlein
    • Rio Haryanto
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Esteban Gutiérrez
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2016 Constructors Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Red Bull Racing
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Renault F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • McLaren Honda
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Haas F1 Team

10 hours ago, philcruicks said:

Kevin Magnussen set to replace Pastor Maldonado at Renault

Kevin Magnussen is poised to replace Pastor Maldonado at Renault for the 2016 season, Sky Sports understands.

The team - then known as Lotus prior to Renault's buy-out in December - announced four months ago that Maldonado would be staying on. But the Venezuelan, reputed to pay almost £20m for his seat, is believed to have been ousted after backing from his sponsors dried up.

Renault, who will unveil their driver line-up as well as their new car at a media event next week in Paris, have refused to confirm or deny speculation that Maldonado has been dropped.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/29871/10145882/kevin-magnussen-set-to-replace-pastor-maldonado-at-renault

The races will never be the same if Maldonado isn't on the track causing havoc and giving the drivers another thing to worry about

I must admit I'm not sure which I feel.

I don't like pay drivers in principal, but Maldanado does cause some interesting moments.

And how will Renault cope without his backing, Lotus almost went under even with him, hopefully as it's now a works team it'll have more backing from Renault (parent company) and sale of engines will directly bring cash to the F1 team now, so fingers crossed they'll be OK.

But I don't wanna see teams going from the grid, if that means having some paid drivers, I think I prefer that to losing teams..

The reason Renault are dropping him is over a missed payment - so the backing looks to be drying up. Renault also don't really have the same financial issues as Lotus, the money will be missed but not half as much if it was still Lotus running the team.

I think the backing from Venezuela is predominately from Oil - with dropping fuel prices they are seeing a huge loss in profits and the man in charge over there is not the same as the man who struck up the deal with Lotus in the first place. Apparently Kevin M was purposefully seen being given a tour of the factory in full view of everyone in a bid to get PDVSA to pay up, time will tell if it's worked.

Interesting to see Malaysian has swapped with the Russian GP this year and hopefully the German GP will stick around.

Kevin Magnussen completes deal to replace Pastor Maldonado

Kevin Magnussen will officially be unveiled as a Renault driver on Wednesday ahead of the new Formula 1 season, replacing Pastor Maldonado, Autosport can confirm.

Autosport revealed last week Magnussen was set to usurp Maldonado, pending the completion of negotiations and signing of a contract.

Sources have confirmed the 23-year-old Dane has now put pen to paper on a deal for the 2016 campaign in which he will partner Jolyon Palmer.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122654

GVFbI3L.gif

It's been confirmed that this is a test livery, and there will be a different one in Australia. more yellow pls

• Like 2

anyone voted yet and can let me know how the trend looks like? i will wait till i have seen the first testing days, however pretty sure it will be hamilton and mercedes again. 

45 minutes ago, Simon Lang 9047 said:

anyone voted yet and can let me know how the trend looks like? i will wait till i have seen the first testing days, however pretty sure it will be hamilton and mercedes again. 

Current votes say;

Lewis - 75 %
Nico -  6.25 %
Vettel  - 12.5 %
Alonso -  6.25 %

Merc - 75 %
Ferrari - 18.75 %
Mclaren - 6.25 %

4 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Didn't I call Wehrlein getting that seat? Give me a medal already!

Yes you did (we'll hopefully see very soon if you're right about Rossi, too). You better send your application off to Channel 4 quickly, just in case Eddie Jordan really is going off to be a presenter on Top Gear. :p 

3 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Yes you did (we'll hopefully see very soon if you're right about Rossi, too). You better send your application off to Channel 4 quickly, just in case Eddie Jordan really is going off to be a presenter on Top Gear. :p 

You mean Channel 4 shouldn't hire James Allen as commentator?

13 hours ago, Frank B. said:

Awesome .. love this time of year when you hear more F1 news stories and see cars revealed - means the new season is well and truly on it's way!