Which Printer?

I have been looking at laser, monochrome, printers. My ink is up in my HP printer's cartridges.

I need to have either Ethernet and/or wireless access. 

I heard good things about HP and Brother printers. However, it has to work fluently with Linux. Linux Mint 17.3, in this case.

Any suggestions? My price range is around $100. If it is more, I can go higher, but you better have a good reason.

If you are going all in one you are going to about 200.  Sometimes you can get a Canon for around 100, but it low end with low paper capacity, low end toner capacity, and slow. 

Get a used hp lj4200.  Fit your budget and if you use inktechnologies.com it won't hurt your pocket for toner...Well the remaned toner.   Yes sometimes the toner cartridges such but when you are paying 1/4 you can go through 4 before equaling 1 from hp.  Even if 1 out of 4 are bad (which isn't the case) you are still ahead of the game. 

Search slickdeals for "laser printer". 

curious, why would you do that when you can do this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?sdtid=8428875&SID=ccb07b52b70211e5acc866fb47a5a55d0000&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16828142955&cm_sp=

This promocode will get you an additional 20 bux off this printer:

EMCEFEM32

for an additional 20-25 bux over the hp you get an extra 10 ppm, and ability to scan.

• Like 1

Because I didn't notice that? The reason I asked?

That looks good. Although, I do wonder if it's compatable with Linux. I never has a Cannon, so I'm not familiar with them.

(If I ever did, it was waaaaaay back with Windows 2000/XP)

OK, thanks, I might order this tomorrow or Monday. As they don't ship until Monday anyway.

I'd like to vouch for the Brother line of laser printers. I currently have the Brother 2380DW laser printer, and it's phenomenal. Before that, I had another Brother laser printer for 8 years. Only reason I upgraded was for the AirPrint support, and cloud support. 

I got the Canon imageCLASS MF227dw from FedEx 2 days ago (forgot about this thread)

It's great, after I had to install the Linux drivers, it pops right up. ;)

Prints good, had to figure out where to put the paper, but once /I figured that out....

Thanks sc302 :)

• 4 weeks later...