Gen2 Hyper-V Server2012R2 Issue

Hello Everyone,

A client of mine just recently ordered a server, stating that they wanted Hyper-V as the primary OS, and multiple instances of server 2012R2 installed.  So far... I've run into nothing but issues.

I always have used Gen1 machines regarding Hyper-V and Windows server... All of the virtual machines I created are Gen1 machines, with the exception of one that I'll admit (since it's just a test environment web server that will only get used once every 6 months), I just wanted to try for the hell of it.  I installed the instance of Server 2012R2 just fine... booted in, joined it to the AD, installed the updates I approved through WSUS, and now boom... I'm stuck at "Updating your system (6%)", and have been since 7PM yesterday.  I researched online, about powershell scripts to fix a certificate issue, but then also read that those scripts were not necessary in Hyper-V 2012 or Server 2012, and then also saw that I should try disabling Secure Boot... I tried both anyway, and the damned thing is still stuck at 6%.

How do I fix this?  Also... I should mention I'm almost out of MAK activations and would really, really like it if I didn't have to use another one.  Getting them reset is a major pain in the ass.

Thanks in advance.

I've personally never had any issues with the Generation 2 with the slight exception of a failed patch (that was due to Secure Boot) and have many environments running pure Generation 2.

As far as your issue, I would do your typical stop WU, delete the Software Distribution folder, restart WU, and then see what happens; as far as I've seen, there are no certificate issues I know of straight out of the box and never have run into one.

9 minutes ago, Tech Greek said:

I've personally never had any issues with the Generation 2 with the slight exception of a failed patch (that was due to Secure Boot) and have many environments running pure Generation 2.

As far as your issue, I would do your typical stop WU, delete the Software Distribution folder, restart WU, and then see what happens; as far as I've seen, there are no certificate issues I know of straight out of the box and never have run into one.

I can't even do that.  It's stuck updating at the boot screen.

I started the recovery console and attempted to revert pending actions using DISM and now... it's shot.  The damn thing is stuck in a boot loop.