nexus 6P vs Moto X Style grippyness

Hi,  I'm struggling a bit as both phones have their pluses and minuses which balance out.  In the end I had a 6P shipped and when I held it it frighteed the crap our of me because it was like holding soapy glass and there is no way it's not going to take a tumble in time no matter how careful it's handled.  It's already slipping and sliding on the arm of my chair. 

I'm finding it difficult to find the Moto X in a local store so my question is, has anyone handled both of these phone and can tell me which is more grippy to hold and less likely to slide about on an armchair?

I know I can get a case for the 6P but I hate cases they cover up the beauty of phones like the 6P.  I've had a Nexus 5 for over two year without a case and it goes everywhere in my trouser pocket and doesn't have a single mark or scratch on it, hence I'd like to use my new phone in the same way.

TIA  Silky

I initially bought the Moto X Pure Edition before I ordered my Nexus 6P. You are are correct, the 6P feels likely to drop because of the aluminum body, similar to an iPhone. I will tell you, the Moto X Pure Edition does have better grip, plastic body, backside is easier to handle. In the end, I kept my 6P only because I wanted to try a different manufacturer. I had the Motorola Nexus 6 previously. The Moto X Pure Edition is a fantastic phone, pretty much a pure Android experience, and I found no gripes with it. 

Why not put a skin on the 6P, like dbrand? I don't find it slippery like an iPhone 6/6S, but I do have a case on it fearing it will break. It's too nice of a phone to just carry naked. You could also get Nexus Protect to sleep better.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.  Yes I got a couple of moto g 2nd edition so I'm used to Moto's UI and it is just like the vanilla droid on my N5.

In fact my wife stole my N5 so I've been using my daughters Moto G with a smashed screen for several weeks now, tough phone I slapped a screen protector on it and it still works perfectly.  I read today that Moto have removed a lot of what they added to the OS as Google have now included those functions in Marshmallow, so there will be even less interference, oops aditions, perhaps we'll even get faster updates as they have less to code.