Is Apple too arrogant?

For 2-3 years I am facing  battery issues on my iPhone 5S plus dead pixels, and non-glued screens on iPhone.

I have contacted Apple on this matter and have had 7/8 replacement iPhones (on 2 different iPhone "streams" at Apple). All facing the same battery issues/draining (the problem according to me lies in the hardware I think)

I have reset, restored my iPhone from iTunes and manually from the phone itself, restored backups and manually/one-by-one reinstalled apps. I have tried without Facebook (as known battery-drainer) etc. Also from iOS7 to iOS9 are these issues.

The problems keeps persisting and I have asked Apple to - also with some additional replacement-'contribution' - from my side to, in this specific and rare case, replace this iPhone 5S to a newer model. Only to have completely different hardware and not so much a newer model. Frankly, at the moment I don't see the added value of larger screens than the 5S.

Apple keep on saying that they won't do this, but will only replace a 5S with a 5S. I mean WTH?

Is this pure arrogance? Isn't Apple not customer friendly (anymore)? Do they even care about their customers at all?

If it was wtihin 12 months of purchase, then maybe they would accept a form of trade in with you paying the difference but 2-3 years later? I don't think that's ever going to happen, sorry.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kiddingguy said:

For 2-3 years I am facing  battery issues on my iPhone 5S plus dead pixels, and non-glued screens on iPhone.

I have contacted Apple on this matter and have had 7/8 replacement iPhones (on 2 different iPhone "streams" at Apple). All facing the same battery issues/draining (the problem according to me lies in the hardware I think)

I have reset, restored my iPhone from iTunes and manually from the phone itself, restored backups and manually/one-by-one reinstalled apps. I have tried without Facebook (as known battery-drainer) etc. Also from iOS7 to iOS9 are these issues.

The problems keeps persisting and I have asked Apple to - also with some additional replacement-'contribution' - from my side to, in this specific and rare case, replace this iPhone 5S to a newer model. Only to have completely different hardware and not so much a newer model. Frankly, at the moment I don't see the added value of larger screens than the 5S.

Apple keep on saying that they won't do this, but will only replace a 5S with a 5S. I mean WTH?

Is this pure arrogance? Isn't Apple not customer friendly (anymore)? Do they even care about their customers at all?

7 to 8 replacement phones? I think you're doing something wrong. I've owned almost every model and the only one I ever replaced under warranty was a 5 due to a spec of dust on the camera lens, ruining all my photos. 8 different phones of the same model, having the same hardware issues, that's almost unheard of in terms of QC. And why would Apple replace a 5S with a brand new model, almost 3 years later? That's not arrogance. No company would do this. Maybe insurance companies that no longer stock the 5S, but that's about it...

7 minutes ago, shockz said:

7 to 8 replacement phones? I think you're doing something wrong. I've owned almost every model and the only one I ever replaced under warranty was a 5 due to a spec of dust on the camera lens, ruining all my photos. 8 different phones of the same model, having the same hardware issues, that's almost unheard of in terms of QC. And why would Apple replace a 5S with a brand new model, almost 3 years later? That's not arrogance. No company would do this. Maybe insurance companies that no longer stock the 5S, but that's about it...

^ This 100x

Apple is not an arrogant company and in my experience their customer service is among the best in world.

Forget about them replacing it with a newer model.  No company in the world would do that.  And 7-8 replacements for the same issues very much say you are doing something wrong.  I know several people that have/had a 5S (including my father who abuses his phone compared to most people) and none of them have had a single problem.

• Like 4

I firmly think that your backup is problematic. Have you tried to set your phone as new?

Do not restore from any backup. PC or iCloud. Try it and see. Backup your pics to pc or mac before setting it up as new.

7-8 replacements? Good Lord! Definitely not typical. I find Apple's customer service to be exceptional. It's one reason I continue to buy their products.

• Like 1

You seriously asked them to give you a newer model than 5S? Are you an alien or something? The most wtf thing though is that you think it's normal to ask for a newer model. loled

I don't believe for a second that 8 phones have had the same issue. It sounds to me like you are either causing the problem or hyper sensitive to the battery use, hoping they will eventually give a free upgrade. Which they won't.

• Like 3

If done resets, restores of backups, setup as new, etc etc.

Previously I owned the 3GS and 4S and these phones were "worryfree". Apparently something has changed with the hardware (and/or software (usage?)) that is creating these massive battery issues.

And to cancel out another same-hardware replacement by a 5S I requested to have this phone replaced by another non-5S model, like e.g. the 6S.

Not that I am keen on getting the latest, but purely because (all) internal hardware has changed.

I don't have and have never owned an apple devices but on Android there is a battery settings screen that shows you battery usage per app etc over the course of a charge. Is there something similar that allows you to actually see what is draining the battery?

arrogant? no. Proud of their product, maybe. Who wouldn't be. If you thought of something woderful, then shoved it down people's throats? Yeah, all companies are guilty. I've owned all sorts of devices, iphone, windows phone, android, tested everything from Vista/Longhorn, to all sorts of office suites, all from big names. I'm not arrogant, nor ignorant. I like them all. Get in where you fit in. Personally, I've chosen to stick with microsoft. Why? It's personal....but don't kick a man while he's down. Give it all a chance, and see where it helps you in life......then stick with that.

18 hours ago, kiddingguy said:

Previously I owned the 3GS and 4S and these phones were "worryfree". Apparently something has changed with the hardware (and/or software (usage?)) that is creating these massive battery issues.

And to cancel out another same-hardware replacement by a 5S I requested to have this phone replaced by another non-5S model, like e.g. the 6S.

Not that I am keen on getting the latest, but purely because (all) internal hardware has changed.

I think the local Feds are just tapping your phone ultimately draining your precious battery.

Start looking out for mobile tower vans! Good luck! 

On 1/15/2016 at 11:15 AM, kiddingguy said:

You can not get 6S... you have a problem with 5S, then they fix it, if they can not fix it, then they give you a replacement 5S...   If you want 6S, buy it. 

You are trying so hard to scam Apple to get 6S...  Nice try.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

7 replacements and you are calling Apple arrogant?! That is a damn sight better than I have seen from pretty much any other company tbh. Sorry but I think you expectations are on another planet. Your phone is a couple of years old yes? Well batteries die over time. My 2 year old Surface Pro 2 doesn't keep as much charge as it did but Microsoft won't give me a replacement :no: And they certainly won't let me "contribute a bit" towards giving me a Surface Pro 4 either!

Apple are very arrogant but not in this case. I thought you were going to comment on how they just ignore non-Apple users with their services (iMessage for example). 

15 hours ago, Skiver said:

I don't have and have never owned an apple devices but on Android there is a battery settings screen that shows you battery usage per app etc over the course of a charge. Is there something similar that allows you to actually see what is draining the battery?

As of iOS9 yes there is in settings.

So OP just check this and see what's draining your battery, but I think it's either that or something you're doing, I've owned a 4, 5s and a 6. all of which had batteries that lasted 2 days for at least the 1st 2 years, I even have bluetooth on permanently for my watch and can still get 2 days out of my 6.

But If you're telling me you spent money replacing a 5s 7-8times why have you not just bit the bullet and gone up to a 6s, is not a lot larger than the 5s and the larger screen is nicer. + versions are a bit too big IMO, can't hold it securely in one hand.

You must have spend almost the cost of a new one in replacements.

I would agree Apple is arrogant but not because of your issues with them. LOL The number one complaint people have with their mobile phones is they don't last long enough on a charge. Your 5S is no different... You just use it a lot or some app is draining the battery to much. Buy an Android phone if you feel that bad about your 5S.

On January 15, 2016 at 7:12 AM, shockz said:

to 8 replacement phones? I think you're doing something wrong. I've owned almost every model and the only one I ever replaced under warranty was a 5 due to a spec of dust on the camera lens, ruining all my photos. 8 different phones of the same model, having the same hardware issues, that's almost unheard of in terms of QC. And why would Apple replace a 5S with a brand new model, almost 3 years later? That's not arrogance. No company would do this. Maybe insurance companies that no longer stock the 5S, but that's about it...

I have to agree with this.  8 phones?  As shockz said that is unheard of in QC.  The other common denominator in this situation is you (OP).  You have to be doing something wrong.  Different chargers, different outlets?  It also could be your home's electricity.  It has been seen before where someone's home has bad or dirty electricity.  That can severely shorten the lifespan of electronics and batteries.  

On January 15, 2016 at 7:22 AM, Fahim S. said:

^ This 100x

Apple is not an arrogant company and in my experience their customer service is among the best in world.

Forget about them replacing it with a newer model.  No company in the world would do that.  And 7-8 replacements for the same issues very much say you are doing something wrong.  I know several people that have/had a 5S (including my father who abuses his phone compared to most people) and none of them have had a single problem.

Well, I have to disagree the arrogance part.  There have been plenty of times where Apple is just arrogant.   The arrogance of thinking or supposedly knowing how people want their phones i.e. lack of customization, not being able to choose an app as default even though its better than Apple's built in version.  Scores of people reporting the same issue across many devices and Apple doesn't acknowledge it or at least takes FOREVER to do so such as the MacBook's screen peel, iMac's HDD...infamous graphics issue in the MacBook Pro.  Those are just a few.  There are others but, lastly, lets not forget Steve Jobs's "you're holding it wrong" response to antennagate.  So yeah, I would have to definitely agree that Apple is arrogant.  I do agree that Apple's CS is awesome.  That said, I have to say in short that the OP has to be doing something wrong or its something on the OP's end.

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 2:36 AM, Konstantine said:

You seriously asked them to give you a newer model than 5S? Are you an alien or something? The most wtf thing though is that you think it's normal to ask for a newer model. loled

It's a business standard to replace with a faulty product with one of equal or lesser value, as it's been superceded I don't see why they couldn't provide a 6. A better question is after so many faults why stay with Apple

4 minutes ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

It's a business standard to replace with a faulty product with one of equal or lesser value, as it's been superceded I don't see why they couldn't provide a 6. A better question is after so many faults why stay with Apple

The 5S may have been retired as the primary sales device and replaced by the 6 but, if they were still selling the 5S at all then I wouldn't see them needing to replace it with a newer device.  Also, I think it may have to do with fact that its still in their list of items to service.  So if a 5S comes in for repair they still will fix it and/or replace it with another 5S. 

On the contrary,I see the arrogance on your part - expecting a newer model for old.I can't see any company ever doing that otherwise every Thomas,Richard & Harold would be jumping on the gravy train.

On battery life: I suspect that each (revised) iPhone has a new-like battery life, so these batteries weren't to die on me yet.

I use all original Apple equipment in charging, docks etc.

After these kinds of replacements and things that I have done, it might - I repeat might - that the iPhone 5S is lower in build quality (I mean, with the 3GS and 4S I did not have any problems).

And, it's not that I expect a 'free' 6S; I am willing to pay for it, but just the "replacement costs" and not the full blown 100%.

Ah well..... the 5S is not "my kinda phone" I guess. Let's wait what the iPhone 7 has in store or maybe a competitive model, like Lumia 950 or some high-end Android device at the end of this year.