Is Apple too arrogant?

7 minutes ago, kiddingguy said:

On battery life: I suspect that each (revised) iPhone has a new-like battery life, so these batteries weren't to die on me yet.

I use all original Apple equipment in charging, docks etc.

After these kinds of replacements and things that I have done, it might - I repeat might - that the iPhone 5S is lower in build quality (I mean, with the 3GS and 4S I did not have any problems).

And, it's not that I expect a 'free' 6S; I am willing to pay for it, but just the "replacement costs" and not the full blown 100%.

Ah well..... the 5S is not "my kinda phone" I guess. Let's wait what the iPhone 7 has in store or maybe a competitive model, like Lumia 950 or some high-end Android device at the end of this year.

If anything, you'd be asked to pay the uplift from the current cost of a brand new iPhone 5S to a brand new iPhone 6S.

However, I do agree with most people in this thread, that many handsets with issues is almost unheard of. Therefore it must be something you're doing, or not doing.

Why not trade the 5S in at a mobile phone store, take the cash and buy a 6S I'm sure you could get it unlocked if need be for your network.  Then you are happy? 

My better half uses a iPhone 5c for her work.  That requires a daily charge, to me that is quite normal?

On 1/15/2016 at 9:03 AM, kiddingguy said:

For 2-3 years I am facing  battery issues on my iPhone 5S plus dead pixels, and non-glued screens on iPhone.

I have contacted Apple on this matter and have had 7/8 replacement iPhones (on 2 different iPhone "streams" at Apple). All facing the same battery issues/draining (the problem according to me lies in the hardware I think)

I have reset, restored my iPhone from iTunes and manually from the phone itself, restored backups and manually/one-by-one reinstalled apps. I have tried without Facebook (as known battery-drainer) etc. Also from iOS7 to iOS9 are these issues.

The problems keeps persisting and I have asked Apple to - also with some additional replacement-'contribution' - from my side to, in this specific and rare case, replace this iPhone 5S to a newer model. Only to have completely different hardware and not so much a newer model. Frankly, at the moment I don't see the added value of larger screens than the 5S.

Apple keep on saying that they won't do this, but will only replace a 5S with a 5S. I mean WTH?

Is this pure arrogance? Isn't Apple not customer friendly (anymore)? Do they even care about their customers at all?

So what is the actual problem you're facing? Calling them "battery issues/draining" is kind of vague.  Maybe you're just expecting more than the phone is made to do?

If you guys aren't aware, a lot of companies hire marketing firms who engage in propaganda in web forums. Samsung was already caught and fined $340k for this in the Republic of China.

Just saying... :shiftyninja:

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:03 AM, kiddingguy said:

For 2-3 years I am facing  battery issues on my iPhone 5S plus dead pixels, and non-glued screens on iPhone.

I have contacted Apple on this matter and have had 7/8 replacement iPhones (on 2 different iPhone "streams" at Apple). All facing the same battery issues/draining (the problem according to me lies in the hardware I think)

I have reset, restored my iPhone from iTunes and manually from the phone itself, restored backups and manually/one-by-one reinstalled apps. I have tried without Facebook (as known battery-drainer) etc. Also from iOS7 to iOS9 are these issues.

The problems keeps persisting and I have asked Apple to - also with some additional replacement-'contribution' - from my side to, in this specific and rare case, replace this iPhone 5S to a newer model. Only to have completely different hardware and not so much a newer model. Frankly, at the moment I don't see the added value of larger screens than the 5S.

Apple keep on saying that they won't do this, but will only replace a 5S with a 5S. I mean WTH?

Is this pure arrogance? Isn't Apple not customer friendly (anymore)? Do they even care about their customers at all?

Are you using some odd off-brand charger or something? I can believe swapping out up to 2 or 3 units at most but at 7 or 8 there has to be some outside factor that you're putting it through.

Maybe some odd thermal stress? Real hot environments, sudden changes in temp?

I think their products are over rated, but you can't honestly expect them to give you a free upgrade.

Ah well... just my point of view on Apple's iPhone 5S for me.

And maybe/maybe not I am doing "something"... why all of a sudden this 5S model and not the previously owned 3GS and 4S (same kinda usage, same user).

Like I said, having it replace this many times, doesn't make sense to me... and seems to me more phone-related than user (see above).

So why not trade-in - with replacement costs for me - for a newer model with - at least - completely different hardware? That makes me a happy customer & makes Apple happy for a happy customer.

Apparently Apple doesn't think so... unfortunately....

On 1/15/2016 at 9:03 AM, kiddingguy said:

Yes, they are extremely arrogant. but no, they will not and should not replace with a better phone.

stop buying their phones...

6 hours ago, Kierax2016 said:

Why not trade the 5S in at a mobile phone store, take the cash and buy a 6S I'm sure you could get it unlocked if need be for your network.  Then you are happy? 

My better half uses a iPhone 5c for her work.  That requires a daily charge, to me that is quite normal?

Depends on how much she uses on her phone... if she uses too much, then she will charge more.

If she uses less, then she can charge on 2nd day or so depends on usages.      If she is a heavy user, then she can get a battery case for her phone which it has switch button so the phone can be charge without using any wall charging anywhere she is at.   Then she can charge it when the battery gets low on both phone and battery case.

They are arrogant but not for the reasons you listed. You are just an abusive phone user I guess, that wants Apple to cave to your ridiculous expectations. After working for some amazing retail companies, I have seen my fair share of customers "abuse" warranties and product only to expect the company to upgrade them to a newer model or garment. Maybe the 5s just isn't for you, and yes very rarely will companies lemon out your model for a newer one unless that model is discontinued. Only time I have seen this is with Dell

On 1/17/2016 at 8:48 PM, catweazel said:

On the contrary,I see the arrogance on your part - expecting a newer model for old.I can't see any company ever doing that otherwise every Thomas,Richard & Harold would be jumping on the gravy train.

i had a monitor die under warrenty and the model was an old one, company replaced with a newer better model, so it does actually happen