Xbox One Destiny

Hi Everyone,

How are you? Haven't been on since Christmas, I so I will send my best wishes.

For Christmas I got an Xbox One (Gears of War Edition - pretty good selection from a girlfriend who does not give a [beep] about video games) and I picked up Destiny as this is a game I have been dying to play without any options as a PC Gamer.  So I have had a lot of fun, however, I am sorry stuck early on without any real ability to progress.  Destiny really feels like it was designed to be played with others, however, does not balance when that is not possible i.e. nobody seems to be playing Destiny in the early stages and I do not have any Xbox friends.

Anyone looking to get into or back into Destiny?

What's got you stuck - I've been playing it since release and despite it's many flaws ( I know it's not perfect) It's been one of my favourite games ever.

The only part of the game that will remain forever locked without friends are the raids.

It's pretty easy to play through without friends.  Sure, your early equipment sucks, but you still keep finding better equipment and powers...do some of the bounties and patrols if you feel like the main plot is too hard to keep on at the moment.

The strikes might be a bit harder, but that goes away as you improve your kit and character.

If you're struggling to find player for specific endgame things (Nightfall, Raids etc..) you can try the Looking for Guardian sites (LFG)

http://www.destinylfg.com/

http://www.destinylfg.net/

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/lfg?system=xbone

But as other have said, the entire single player and everything up to heroic strikes you can do on your own (Strikes will matchmake you).

Really it is only Nightfall and Raids that you have to have others for.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback.

I completely misunderstood what Destiny was trying to do.  I thought Destiny was this this big MMO in an FPS style.  I learnt that the game offers a lot of exploration but it really isn't "open world".  I also had the impression that the game played like "run and gun" or "stay and spray", which is completely wrong (sorta). I was trying to stay moving, keeping in mind I can somewhat fly allowing me to change tactical strategies. I had no idea that the game awarded accuracy in any manner since it will correct your aim on some level.

So once I realised that:

1. The warlock ability is much more affective amongst a strategy at close range,

2. Enemies seem to have range where they will back off and you can snipe them.

3. Changed my loadout for accuracy rather than insane damage,

4. Went for the head rather than piling into the body. 

Now I am just flying through levels.