IRC Down?

I'm getting a mix of 'Remote host closed socket' occasionally with a 'Connection reset by peer' for ~25min now.

Normally if it's a planned work something is mentioned in the channel before hand.

4 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Are you transitioning from IRC to Slack or Discord without telling the rest of us, Neowin staff?

They should definitely transition to Slack :)

When i seen this thread I thought, huh? are they still using IRC?

The appropriate authorities have been notified.....

We do use Slack for Neowin team chats. Doesn't Slack have a user limit? 

6 minutes ago, Redmak said:

The appropriate authorities have been notified.....

We do use Slack for Neowin team chats. Doesn't Slack have a user limit? 

Yes, it wasn't initially designed for chatrooms as such, I think it can hold a few thousand though...whats the average IRC user count?

9 minutes ago, game_over said:

Yes, it wasn't initially designed for chatrooms as such, I think it can hold a few thousand though...whats the average IRC user count?

On Neowin IRC? Between 40 to 50 users.

10 minutes ago, what said:

I'm sorry but this service is disgusting. Neowin staff should be ashamed of themselves. In future I might take my insignificant bandwidth usage elsewhere.

ehm well you get the irc channel for free so i don't see any reason to complain here. 

4 minutes ago, Simon Lang 9047 said:

ehm well you get the irc channel for free so i don't see any reason to complain here. 

I'm guessing the post was meant to be sarcastic due to the posts above it. at least I hope so :p 

Just now, Steven P. said:

I'm guessing the post was meant to be sarcastic due to the posts above it. at least I hope so :p 

oh my bad then if it was sarcastic! should have been marked with a smiley nevertheless.... :p

4 hours ago, what said:

I'm sorry but this service is disgusting. Neowin staff should be ashamed of themselves. In future I might take my insignificant bandwidth usage elsewhere.

ur face is disgusting.

• 1 month later...