TV Cards: Do You use one?

Well.. Right now im using Haphauge (sp?) WinTV USB.. Even though i got a pinnacle for christmas, i cant get it to work.. it PcTv Pro, im going to call them again and hopefully they'll answer!

I give Haphauge 4.5/5 for Sometimes the quality being delayed and all..

Do You use one?

I installed the Asus TV FM card and I love it. Very easy to use and no-hassle setup. Originally, my purpose was to have VIVO (Video-in and Video-out) so that I could do some importing, editing, and then exporting of some videos that I have been experimenting with. But since the card picks up FM stations, that has come in handy for obvious reasons. Thinking of hooking up a cable TV signal to it, but I already have a TV in the same room, so it's not something I plan to do right away.

:cool:

got an avermedia tv studio (tv & fm) its good but im thinking of switching to a usb tv so i can use my wireless card (my shuttle only has one pci slot) and using usb wireless is outa the question since it has sucked so bad

I installed the Asus TV FM card and I love it. Very easy to use and no-hassle setup. Originally, my purpose was to have VIVO (Video-in and Video-out) so that I could do some importing, editing, and then exporting of some videos that I have been experimenting with. But since the card picks up FM stations, that has come in handy for obvious reasons. Thinking of hooking up a cable TV signal to it, but I already have a TV in the same room, so it's not something I plan to do right away.

:cool:

yeh, i like mine cause it came with a remote :D :woot: :D

Hauppauge PVR 250 with Snapstream software, simply put it is awesome. The hardware encoder comes in REAL handy when I have a show recording and I want to surf the net or play some Army Ops.

I have a Pinnacle PCTV card. I use it daily, but it's a complete POS. Would gladly replace it, but I don't have the money for it.

why do you say it sucks? :wacko:

yeah, i have a ATI AIW 7500....all the TV and other features it has are certainly nice, plus the 64megs is plenty to play games (not super high quality huge resolution maybe, but it's still plenty good to at least play them)....i plan to stick with ATI AIW as long as i can....

what is the latest AIW card from ATI? something like the 9800 PRO AIW or something? none of the XT cards are AIW, are they?

I have an Hauppauge WinTV-PCI. It's adequate. The best part is that it supports overlays, so I can move and stretch the TV window to any and all of my three 17" LCD monitors (see sig).

why do you say it sucks?:wacko:o:

Why? Muahaha.

• It takes up 25-30% CPU usage when watching TV (not recording). My old crapola Flyvideo 98 used 1-2%.
  • The bundled software is the biggest piece of crap in the entire world. Other programs such as DScaler or TV tuners in Linux don't work because the card mysteriously locks itself down (as in, unable to change channel or any setting). This is a known issue with Pinnacle cards.
  • Support is non-existant. Never recieved a reply to an e-mail, ever.
  • Compression options for recorded television are poor. I realise you can't expect real-time DivX encoding, but 1.2GB file for an hour of television is a little over the top.
  • Buttons on the PCTV interface occasionally disappear. I think it has something to do with an incompatibility with XP themes (including Luna). Does this on multiple computers, so I know it just aint me.
  • The old version of PCTV (which I was stuck with for 1.5 years before they finally decided to update) required to be opened and closed about 2 or 3 times before it would let me schedule a recording.
  • It's evil!!

Hissssss! Hissssssssssssss:p:p

AverTv Studio, Exccelent card, came with remote, does TV and FM Radio. THe sotware has a built in video recorder that can record preset shows at set times all at Mpeg 2.

Great Card!

I've said it before I'll say it again. Don't get a Creative Digital VCR. It is a worthless turd.

so i hear. :)

i have an ATI TV wonder, which i'm actually attempting to set up an HTPC with downstairs.

in my main computer i have an ASUS TV card, which i'm actually pretty happy with.

i have an ATI TV wonder, which i'm actually attempting to set up an HTPC with downstairs.

in my main computer i have an ASUS TV card, which i'm actually pretty happy with.

I am also trying to setup an HTPC w/ the creative card .... no luck yet. Probably cause the card is a worthless turd. :angry: