TV Cards: Do You use one?

have a Leadtek winfast tv 2000 deluxe.. works great.. good video quality .. fm reception sucks

software has ugly ui but works great..

and thing i hate that it always uses 30% of my cpu just to watch tv

I have a MIT MyHD MDP-120 card.

It's pretty awesome. Digital over the air tuner so I pull in digital channels from the antenna and has a seperate coaxil plugin for cable or something else.

Digital TV quality is really good. Only thing I don't like is my monitor 1280x1024 doesn't always all get used in some of the hdtv resolutions.

Remote works well.

Dvd player software sucks balls though and can't play any protected DVD's (basically every commerical dvd there is).

The tv guide function leaves alot to be desired. It's not built into the program but is used by going to a web page browsing for what you want and setting it there.

Overall though I like it.

yeh, i like mine cause it came with a remote ::woot:t::D:D

I like the remote receiver; looks cool and doesn't slip and slide when the bass gets loud. Found that to be a very annoying problem with the MSI receiver... I was amazed that little small thing was able to catch any signal, especially since I couldn't situate without any scotch tape. And the remote looks cool too. Comes in handy for controlling PowerDVD when I watch movies.

:D:D

wintv usb - does it for me but im not in a digital reception area so no need to upgrade

No need to hurry either man, most the programs I get in digital TV are just analog recorded shows rebroadcast in digital so they look the same or even worse than normal TV. Now those few that are in digital are sweet but they're few and far between.

Funny thin about technology I realized though is(keep in mind I haven't used an antenna in a long time) I used to hate analog tv because if the signal was weak or being interfered with you'd get ghosting, or flipping or weird stuff like that. Well digital was supposed to fix that but now if a station is too weak I'll get black bars over the parts missing or get no signal at all.

Ahh progression :-).

Funny thin about technology I realized though is(keep in mind I haven't used an antenna in a long time) I used to hate analog tv because if the signal was weak or being interfered with you'd get ghosting, or flipping or weird stuff like that. Well digital was supposed to fix that but now if a station is too weak I'll get black bars over the parts missing or get no signal at all.

Ahh progression :-).

Hehe. Digital TV signals comes packed with an enormous load of error correction to compensate for interference, but there's not a whole lot they can do about weak signals.

• 4 weeks later...
I use one, nothing fancy just your basic Happauge WinTV one, i only use it to rip music videos and TV shows that don't get ripped by groups

rofl, yea i do that too.. Along with HBO/Showtime/PPV movies :D

Pinnacle PCTV Pro here.

Have a hauppauge PCI upstairs, the software is very poorly designed UI wise. Pinnacle's is much nicer. Their software updates are no match on Haupauges though. In actual fact Pinncacle updates tend not to actually work on the card unless it came on the CD with the Card. for example my 5.01 generation card, if I install the 5.5 software from the Pinnacle site... it acts up and I loose the Radio support completly.

If you have a 4.x you can't use 5.0 and so on.

Hauppauge are much better in that respect. I sent Pinnacle a letter outlining product suggestions, never heard anything back from them on it. I did get a free 5.x card out of them though when they lost everything but the TV board (Radio daughter board, IR, CD's Manuals, Cables all gone) from my 4.x that was in for warranty repair :D

Overall hardware quality goes to Pinnacle though.

I tried using an ATI with integrated TV once. All it did was cry about Primary video surfaces & Direct Draw. Back to NVidia after that short 24 hour fling :p

Pinnacle Stereo TV Pro + Radeon 9600 Pro AIW - prefer Pinnacle, ATI's software is too junky and it required a signal booster. Pinnacle works just fine on its own. Use the the AIW to transfer VCR tapes to PC - seems to work ok