[GIF] When you find a Windows XP machine still in production...

When someone calls you up, and you find they're still somehow running Windows XP in production...

Angry_Kylo_Ren_Star_Wars.thumb.gif.de36d

Kylo Ren's got the right idea tbh.

Angry_Kylo_Ren_Star_Wars_II.thumb.gif.0f

Poor user...

Edited by Dot Matrix

5 hours ago, Ian W said:

eXPired.thumb.png.eb31f9a88efdb7a696f051

Cool poster but it would make more sense if it said Windows 7 at the bottom. Windows XP has bigger market share then Vista even today. LOL  Who ever ran Vista in the Office?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, oldtimefighter said:

Cool poster but it would make more sense if it said Windows 7 at the bottom. Windows XP has bigger market share then Vista even today. LOL  Who ever ran Vista in the Office?

My school district ran Vista in their offices. They skipped deploying XP completely, and made the jump from Windows 2000. 

30 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Because of your avatar, I thought you liked XP. :huh:

Me? Oh no. No no no. No. 

43 minutes ago, Dot Matrix said:

My school district ran Vista in their offices. They skipped deploying XP completely, and made the jump from Windows 2000. 

Cool story bro... :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Oh, well your avatar is misleading.

I like the old WMP icon. That's not indicative of Windows XP though.

12 minutes ago, Dot Matrix said:

I like the old WMP icon. That's not indicative of Windows XP though.

I guess. Though it will certainly remind people of XP, since it is an XP era icon & WMP10 wasn't available for other OSes.

6 hours ago, Ian W said:

eXPired.thumb.png.eb31f9a88efdb7a696f051

3 more systems, I think, until I can put this up. Fortunately they're not frequently used.

41 minutes ago, Dot Matrix said:

Me? Oh no. No no no. No. 

There's nothing wrong with XP

Spoiler

. . . as a piece of computing history. It was decent for its time but it does need to relegated to the history books now.

9 minutes ago, DConnell said:

There's nothing wrong with XP

Reveal hidden contents

. . . as a piece of computing history. It was decent for its time but it does need to relegated to the history books now.

Should read "There's nothing wrong with XP SP2" ;)

42 minutes ago, Dot Matrix said:

You asked. 

No, it's what we call a rhetorical question. We all know Vista was not popular and had no wide spread adaption similar to Windows 8 with consumers let alone with business and the enterprise.

7 hours ago, Dot Matrix said:

I need this in poster form :p

Here you are.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070301232103/http://blogs.msdn.com/michael_howard/attachment/1395798.ashx

6 hours ago, oldtimefighter said:

Perhaps now it would make sense if the poster said Windows 7 . . . but it was released at a time when Windows Vista was still new.

4 hours ago, oldtimefighter said:

No, it's what we call a rhetorical question. We all know Vista was not popular and had no wide spread adaption similar to Windows 8 with consumers let alone with business and the enterprise.

Auditory inflection helps with rhetorical questions and sarcasm, but it is not available on discussion boards which, if I had to guess, is probably why you received an answer.

46 minutes ago, Ian W said:

Here you are.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070301232103/http://blogs.msdn.com/michael_howard/attachment/1395798.ashx

Perhaps now it would make sense if the poster said Windows 7 . . . but it was released at a time when Windows Vista was still new.

Auditory inflection helps with rhetorical questions and sarcasm, but it is not available on discussion boards which, if I had to guess, is probably why you received an answer.

I understand that but few people thought Vista was worth upgrading XP over and it wasn't until Windows 7 the mass migration from XP started so the poster in that context makes no sense. Someone should Photoshop it...

No, it was just Dot Matrix being Dot Matrix.