Yandere Simulator banned from Twitch

Yandere Simulator banned from Twitch
Angus Morrison Jan 21, 2016

Yandere Simulator has joined the likes of HuniePop and any game with 'Sakura' in the title in being banned from Twitch, surprising... who, exactly? The decision has upset a few hundred thousand people, but is anyone actually confused by the addition of a high school murder simulator in which upskirt photos are used as currency to Twitch's naughty list? You can see their reasoning whether or not you agree with it.
According to the developer, 'yandere' refers to a girl so infatuated with a boy that she will threaten or kill anyone else who shows interest in him. Or her! Yandere Simulator is an equal opportunities murderfest. Thus, the stage is set for high school anime Hitman.
I'm going to hazard a guess that Twitch won't ban actual Hitman when it gets round to releasing, unless it's slapped with an Adults Only rating in the US, so it has taken offense at the age of the victims, the sexual content or, most likely, the combination of the two. I wouldn't bank on it being reinstated unless it becomes dramatically less, er, yandere-related.

http://www.pcgamer.com/yandere-simulator-banned-from-twitch/

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/01/22/2838330/

That ban list has a quite a few games that I have. None of them are anything bad though. I guess they are just full on SJW.

The dev seems like a nice guy really, YouTube channel is pretty interesting too https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1EBJfK7ltjYUFyzysKxr1g

Thing is, the dev has just hit marketing gold. Without lifting a finger or spending a penny on anything, he's managed to get Twitch to raise the games name right up there, well done sir!

12 hours ago, _Alexander said:

a high school murder simulator in which upskirt photos are used as currency

Sounds juvenile, but I don't know if it should be banned. I don't use Twitch, don't they implement some sort of age restriction for users?

Having said all of that, if you make controversial content you can't be entirely surprised when it is rejected by some. It's usually pretty advantageous for the makers to be banned.

First, is Yandere Simulator even out? The YouTube videos I've seen say it's pre-release beta footage or some such. Second, the dev doesn't sound like a nice guy. He sounds like a machine, and he makes a game where you take pictures up preteen girls' skirts. Though he was unable to show that on YouTube. Panty shots aside, the game seems interesting, at least in the elements I saw. I'm talking about the reputation, getting other girls to do favors for you, gossiping, and the fake Facebook simulator. It's not something I'd choose, but it's different. And I don't think there are a lot of anime games on PC. I'd like to see more of them. Just not involving sex or sexual situations with minors. I'm 36, and aside from the legal and the moral, I just don't see even high school girls as attractive or desirable. Though, I suppose that sets me outside the target audience for anime. Or at least a lot of it. My favorite animated movie (Eastern and Western inclusive) is Wolf Children, at its heart a movie about a single mother raising two special needs children and living off the land. It's a beautiful, touching movie that is not unpopular, but would bore many fans of Yandere Simulator.