Can LogMeIn be used this way?

Question

At the moment, I have TeamViewer installed on my home PC, set up with unattended access.

I use TeamViewer Portable on my USB flash drive to access my home PC from anywhere.

Can I do the same with LogMeIn?

Do I install LogMeIn Client or LogMeIn Ignition on my home PC?

And what do I put on my USB flash drive? (I get the "USB Drive Not Detected" message when I try to install LogMeIn Portable to my USB flash drive).

5 answers to this question

Out of curiosity if tv is working, why the interest in logmein.  Didn't they pull the free version back in 2014?  While tv is still free for non commercial use..

The answer is yes and no.  Yes in that LMI has a product called Hamachi.  That is what you would use for unattended access just like TV.  No in that its not a free product.  So unless you have a paid LMI account then you will have to pay to get the same benefit that you can get from TV now for free. 

Hamachi - https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/

Hope that helps. 

Ah, I was not aware LogMeIn did not have a free version (Y)

I only wanted it as a backup, just in case I have connection issues with TeamViewer for any reason.

It has been a while since I used LogMeIn but yes, you install the LogMeIn client on the destination PC and set up the options for un-attended access during install.  I stopped using LogMeIn because they started charging for it even for personal use on 2 or 3 home computers.