Windows Holographic / Concept

20 minutes ago, Nik L said:

Using the Google Cardboard logo...

The post says:

NOTE: You can use WASD keys and mouse to navigate (click and drag)

Works with Google Cardboard, GearVR and Oculus Rift

Still a white screen with firefox 43.0.4

Works fine in Chrome.

Seems like something fun to mess about with if I had a decent VR headset. :)

Interesting idea, but is it practical? I guess it would be if you had an Oculus or something of that nature, but meh. Seems like more of a gimmick than anything. I mean, who knows what's to come, but I don't see it being useful on a standard desktop/laptop setup.

15 hours ago, TAZMINATOR said:

The post says:

Yes, I can read.  It seems odd for the image shown to just use that one single logo though when the other tech listed also has a logotype.

3 hours ago, Nik L said:

Yes, I can read.  It seems odd for the image shown to just use that one single logo though when the other tech listed also has a logotype.

Yeah but remember, if you use GearVR, then it will show GearVR icon on the screen which shows you that you are using it.  If Google Cardboard, then it will use that one instead.

Just like you have Bluetooth devices connected to your phone...  such as Logitech speakers on your Bluetooth screen which shows you it's connected.

I have two webcams... one is Logitech and other is Microsoft.... If I use Microsoft webcam, then Microsoft software shows up in the system tray.

20 hours ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

Interesting idea, but is it practical? I guess it would be if you had an Oculus or something of that nature, but meh. Seems like more of a gimmick than anything. I mean, who knows what's to come, but I don't see it being useful on a standard desktop/laptop setup.

I suppose it wouldn't be very practical on a 2D Monitor, I think more of us will be using VR displays where the conventional 2D Windowing system doesn't really work..

2 hours ago, Nik L said:

I'm referring to the publicity image (not a screenshot) posted here!

I think this bothers you a lot more than it should seeing how many comments you posted :) I picked the Google Cardboard icon as it's a widely recognized symbol for affordable Virtual Reality. And this project first and foremost is designed to be viewed on a phone (with a google cardboard)

54 minutes ago, fediaFedia said:

I think this bothers you a lot more than it should seeing how many comments you posted 

It doesn't bother me, I simply reply to people when they talk to me!