Large ad must be closed before proceeding.

This ad popped up when opening Neowin for the first time today.  Had to click close to get to the site.

See images -

cP90i1A.jpg

staDXpy.jpg

TIA

This ad popped up again on my first visit to Neowin this afternoon.  I am very curious as to why there hasn't still not been so kind of response from a staff member.  Usually someone responds to inform us what the status is, whether good or bad, yet nothing so far.

Please, at least let me us know something.

...And they wonder why other people use ad blockers???

I don't mind the ads, but that ad would be another note added to the list of why not to come here for some people..

1 minute ago, Aheer.R.S. said:

...And they wonder why other people use ad blockers???

I don't mind the ads, but that ad would be another note added to the list of why not to come here for some people..

Not that reason..   The one of the reasons is that DaveLegg said he doesn't want any popups, under the browser, etc..  which is mentioned here.

That's the reason Raze is reporting it.   That's reason that that ad is blocking Raze's access.

So far, no one isn't doing something about it for Raze's issue.

1 minute ago, TAZMINATOR said:

Not that reason..   The one of the reasons is that DaveLegg said he doesn't want any popups, under the browser, etc..  which is mentioned here.

That's the reason Raze is reporting it.   That's reason that that ad is blocking Raze's access.

So far, no one isn't doing something about it for Raze's issue.

No what I meant was, with everything that has changed, and a lot of users not liking those changes, loyalty traffic alone to the site is getting outweighed

2 minutes ago, Aheer.R.S. said:

No what I meant was, with everything that has changed, and a lot of users not liking those changes, loyalty traffic alone to the site is getting outweighed

Ah. my bad.   Yes, that's true.   

Has anyone else seen this ad?  I get it on my desktop and laptop, but only when I click on Neowin for the first time of the day.  When I browse to other sites and return to Neowin it does not pop-up.  As I have said before, I have Neowin white-listed and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks

Edited by Raze

Ads taking over a site is one of the most annoying things online. On my PCs with adblocker off the US Cellular ad is at the top of the home page. So, I'm not sure how it winds up as hijacking the session for OP.

11 hours ago, Steven P. said:

I have reported it. It also has to do with certain triggers I can disable for members but have yet to receive an answer for it.

Well I spoke too soon, I guess.  While viewing a thread and clicking to go to the next page the US Cellular ad popped up and I had to close it before continuing.   :s

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know. The ad is still making an appearance, now it pops up whenever and usually just once per visit per day to the site.  On only one occasion has it appeared twice per visit. I was logged in and using my PC.  It still shows up using my laptop now and then, also while logged in.  TIA

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this goes to show how long support takes for certain things. I now have updated code to block these ads for logged in members and am now just waiting on a Neowin dev to help me get it placed above the </head>. It will be fixed today @Raze!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Well, this goes to show how long support takes for certain things. I now have updated code to block these ads for logged in members and am now just waiting on a Neowin dev to help me get it placed above the </head>. It will be fixed today @Raze!

Raze is happy about the news:

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Thank you, Steven!   Much appreciated.    (Y) 

• Like 2