Lamborghini Dallas gets delivery of the Huracan Spyder

AWESOME!!! I'm not sure if Lamborghini of Newport Beach or Lamborghini or Beverley Hills have it or not. I'm going to have to check.

Beautiful Lambo though!

Just now, Royalty said:

AWESOME!!! I'm not sure if Lamborghini of Newport Beach or Lamborghini or Beverley Hills have it or not. I'm going to have to check.

Beautiful Lambo though!

La Jolla got one of the first ones - but you can bet NB or BH will have at least one...

3 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

La Jolla got one of the first ones - but you can bet NB or BH will have at least one...

NB might have it. http://www.lambonb.com/models/current-models/huracan-lp-610-4-spyder/

Yeah, I love the Huracan though. My favorite Lamborghini's of all time. It would be cool to see a Huracan Spyder get sent to Underground Racing to get tuned up. ;)

7 hours ago, Jason S. said:

what is La Jolla?

what causes that crackling noise as the engine revs?

La Jolla (pronounced La Hoya) is a nice area in San Diego

crackling noise is little explosions-

When they are hauling butt - they will shoot fire out the exhaust

i understand that an engine is containing the explosions of gasoline, but why do those crackles happen then?

really nice looking car, but Lamborghini isnt my type of thing.

8 hours ago, Jason S. said:

i understand that an engine is containing the explosions of gasoline, but why do those crackles happen then?

When you come off throttle (or the ignition is cut during a gear change in a dual clutch gearbox-equipped car) unburnt fuel is dropped into the exhaust manifold where it ignites.

In modern cars it is an engineered effect to make the car sound sporty. 

17 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

So it's not a requirement or a problem, but just something for effect? That sounds like a waste...

It's just small amounts of unburnt fuel combusting in the exhaust system. It's not a problem with the car at all. It sounds amazing to most people (especially car enthusiasts), and some car manufacturers do this intentionally to get this effect. Jaguar F Type is pretty notorious for this! 

If this sounds like a waste, you're the type of person who wants a vehicle for driving from point A to B, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with this. Everyone has different hobbies and interests. I would personally pay extra for exhaust systems that do this. 

you'd actually pay extra for that noise? interesting. i dont really mind the small amount of waste. the car is beautiful! i just dont like the crackling noise. thats all.

4 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

you'd actually pay extra for that noise? interesting. i dont really mind the small amount of waste. the car is beautiful! i just dont like the crackling noise. thats all.

Some people like certain engine/exhaust soundtracks, some do not. It's more popular than you think...several car manufacturers actually pipe engine and exhaust noise into the cabin via speakers. 

I love the sound the Gen Coupe made. It also did the same thing as the Lambo does but not as loud. Same thing with my Mustang. 

1 minute ago, Jason S. said:

I've heard about the exhaust noise in the speakers lol. didnt BMW try that?

BMW and Ford are doing it for sure on their small displacement sports cars.  Not sure which others.

I personally find it distasteful and misleading.

5 hours ago, Jason S. said:

Yep, as a car enthusiast, I think it sounds better than a regular exhaust. I had a BMW 3 series that I traded, and it made these burble noises w/ stock exhaust. It wasn't pronounced unless you got the sport exhaust from BMW, or an aftermarket exhaust. It also didn't pipe in the fake exhaust into the cabin via speakers :) Inside the car, the sounds were pretty insulated though. Same thing with my Mustang, it's pretty quiet for a v8, and it unfortunately doesn't make these burble noises w/ stock exhaust.   

The engine compartment of the Aventador is amazing - so much better than this.

LED lights all the way around the engine compartment - with a clear top - so 24/7 one can glance "under her skirt" and see all the wondrous magic that makes everyone go crazy.

Not taking away anything from this - but my fiance's coworker has an Aventador (anesthesiologist) and I love the slight glow in the parking lot @ night.

On 2/3/2016 at 10:57 AM, Royalty said:

NB might have it. http://www.lambonb.com/models/current-models/huracan-lp-610-4-spyder/

Yeah, I love the Huracan though. My favorite Lamborghini's of all time. It would be cool to see a Huracan Spyder get sent to Underground Racing to get tuned up. ;)

LOL! This dang thing just ain't fast enough, Bob!

How much "tuning" does a Lambo require beyond slapping some gfx on it and putting some ZMAXX in the gas tank?

This and the Revention are my favorite Lambos :)

1 minute ago, T3X4S said:

Not taking away anything from this - but my fiance's coworker has an Aventador (anesthesiologist) and I love the slight glow in the parking lot @ night.

you get a ride in that Aventador yet?

On 2/3/2016 at 7:54 AM, Royalty said:

Beautiful Lambo though!

i would think they might. being from OC , CA, someone wants to be the first.

1 minute ago, Jason S. said:

you get a ride in that Aventador yet?

No, just talked to him one night when he was getting out.  Really nice guy, I think he was just impressed I knew what it was, and didnt make some silly comment like "gee mister - you must be rich !"

He was really cool, talked about how he hasnt had a chance to really open it up, but said he wanted one from the 1st time he saw one - and he was happy to own one -  I was shocked he was so.... normal.

But - no, I haven't even stuck my head in it -  
There are a lot of really nice cars around town, most of the time when I am talking to the driver - and try to play it cool, ask some technical questions, and maybe make a joke or two - but inside Im like a kid.

*side note*  One day I was getting gas back when I had my Titan.   A Vanquish pulled in and was just amazing - I could have peed myself in broad daylight and nobody would have noticed.

While we were both filling up, I said to the owner - "Even trade - straight up - my Titan for your Vanquish" - he goes, "Deal !  Lets do it !"  we both smiled, and I told him his car was beautiful -

For 1 year I was driving my father's GT-R (he got hurt and couldnt drive it) - when I had that out - it was much easier to hop in other nice cars, talk to the owners on a personal level, share rides, share stories - 

What's a Titan?

i used to know someone, also a Dr, that had a Tesla. It was really neat to talk to him about it. Totally humble and not some pompous ass. Of course he added the ubiquitous "we should go out for a drive sometime!" but of course we never did.

2 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Nissan Titan, very nice full-size pickup truck.

Yes it was - a little stiff compared to an F150 - but had plenty of power - was a good truck.  I traded it for an Infiniti G37 sedan which is still my daily driver.  The GT-R was just a weekend, when by myself release stress kind of thing (my fiance would not ride in it with me :)  )   Its gone - so back to the G37 - I am not a Nissan guy - it just happened that way.

Its time to get rid of the G37 - and I change my mind every day as to what I want

Just now, T3X4S said:

Yes it was - a little stiff compared to an F150 - but had plenty of power - was a good truck.  I traded it for an Infiniti G37 sedan which is still my daily driver.  The GT-R was just a weekend, when by myself release stress kind of thing (my fiance would not ride in it with me :)  )   Its gone - so back to the G37 - I am not a Nissan guy - it just happened that way.

Its time to get rid of the G37 - and I change my mind every day as to what I want

Very nice, I kind of forgot about the Titan to be honest, but I just took another look online. I had no idea they can now be equipped with a Cummins diesel!

I took a ride in a gt-r nismo a month or so back, my buddy Summit1g (im sure some gamers here will recognize the name) had one delivered and man that thing was fun. G37 is nice, another friend picked up the ipl model a few months back.

Just get a tesla already T3X4S!