I was invited on the day one beta, I played a few rounds and uninstalled it. I wasn't impressed at all (just seemed like the same old shooter formula re-hashed)

If anyone didn't preorder and wants to play the open beta, I'll give my friend key to whoever PM's me first.

I would say this is the most genuine fun I have had with an online FPS in a long, long time. Closest thing is the obvious comparison to TF2, but I feel like this is just better because of the amount of characters that can be chosen. Sure there may only be 4 classes, but I think there is enough variety within the classes that it will have more staying power for myself than TF2 did.

And while it may not do anything new per say, it is a tried and true formula perfected to the absolute imho. I personally do not always need new. Sometimes it is just enjoyable to play a game that does what it does really well without trying to do something new. 

Pre-order confirmed.

I have a feeling this is going to be that game I just can fire up at any point in time and just enjoy myself. It seems perfect for those in a position like myself where I do not have a whole lot of time to dedicate to gaming. So I need something that does not provide an obvious advantage to the player just because they have more time to dedicate than someone else.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2016 at 0:32 PM, Andrew said:

Topic Renamed / Moved to GH for pre-order / open beta.

Overwatch Beta schedule

According to ye schedule, the open (as in all-access) portion of the beta will begin Wednesday (not Thursday) May 4th at 1600PDT (that is 1900 EDT/0000 ZDT 5 May).

8 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

I would say this is the most genuine fun I have had with an online FPS in a long, long time. Closest thing is the obvious comparison to TF2, but I feel like this is just better because of the amount of characters that can be chosen. Sure there may only be 4 classes, but I think there is enough variety within the classes that it will have more staying power for myself than TF2 did.

And while it may not do anything new per say, it is a tried and true formula perfected to the absolute imho. I personally do not always need new. Sometimes it is just enjoyable to play a game that does what it does really well without trying to do something new. 

Pre-order confirmed.

I have a feeling this is going to be that game I just can fire up at any point in time and just enjoy myself. It seems perfect for those in a position like myself where I do not have a whole lot of time to dedicate to gaming. So I need something that does not provide an obvious advantage to the player just because they have more time to dedicate than someone else.

Yesssss, we finally have something to play together! :D Glad you liked the game DL. Which character/s did you like playing (at least initially)?

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Yesssss, we finally have something to play together! :D Glad you liked the game DL. Which character/s did you like playing (at least initially)?

Nice are you also playing on PC?? I finally got a new Gaming PC so I am back!!!!

And I was playing good with Pharah, Hanzo, Bastion and D.Va. Also liked Genji, Reaper, and Solider 76. That was the thing, I really did not mind playing all of those characters I just listed. Usually in a game like this I have one, two characters tops I enjoy. The characters I listed suited my just like to shoot stuff play better, and even though it was my first time playing the game a few matches I had the most kills. My second match I had 36 kills and did not die once using Pharah. That was insane as I actually had teammates healing the whole time, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DirtyLarry said:

Nice are you also playing on PC?? I finally got a new Gaming PC so I am back!!!!

And I was playing good with Pharah, Hanzo, Bastion and D.Va. Also liked Genji, Reaper, and Solider 76. That was the thing, I really did not mind playing all of those characters I just listed. Usually in a game like this I have one, two characters tops I enjoy. The characters I listed suited my just like to shoot stuff play better, and even though it was my first time playing the game a few matches I had the most kills. My second match I had 36 kills and did not die once using Pharah. That was insane as I actually had teammates healing the whole time, etc.

Yeah, I built a new PC & bought the PC version too :D I'm planning on Overwatch being my go-to game for quite some time!

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yeah, I built a new PC & bought the PC version too :D I'm planning on Overwatch being my go-to game for quite some time!

NICE! PM me your Battle.net username and I will send you an invite asap.

The Open Beta is available *now* - (Americas and Europe - all platforms); desist thy stalling, people.

• 2 weeks later...

PC Preload is available and the game servers on all platforms go live may 23 at 4:00 PM PDT

Stayed up to play last night and of course the servers were rammed :laugh: Managed to get in after 15 mins and play; just hope they stay on top of the load.

15 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Servers have been pretty stable since the game went live from what I've seen.

Oh they were definitely hurting for a while. This topic on r/Overwatch is the fastest climbing post I've seen on the site :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Oh they were definitely hurting for a while. This topic on r/Overwatch is the fastest climbing post I've seen on the site :laugh:

I saw that too but by 4:15 everything was up and running smoothly.

This game is probably the most fun and addicting game I ever played.

The gameplay is fast, but not stupid fast like COD, and controls and feels soo smooth. They got something magical here.

I was hesitant getting it because people said it was a Tf2 clone, and i hate tf2, but this game is NOTHING like TF2. Maybe some similar game mode ideas, but it ends there.

I haven't had a single issue playing. 

18 minutes ago, blank said:

This game is probably the most fun and addicting game I ever played.

The gameplay is fast, but not stupid fast like COD, and controls and feels soo smooth. They got something magical here.

I was hesitant getting it because people said it was a Tf2 clone, and i hate tf2, but this game is NOTHING like TF2. Maybe some similar game mode ideas, but it ends there.

I haven't had a single issue playing. 

I like Overwatch but it is just a new TF2 and feels a bit overrated. All Overwatch is control, payload and Control with payload. I'm kind of getting bored already at level 20.

Just now, Doli said:

I like Overwatch but it is just a new TF2 and feels a bit overrated. All Overwatch is control, payload and Control with payload. I'm kind of getting bored already at level 20.

New as in a great popular game? The gameplay isn't really the same. and the feel is much different

hopefully they do add more game modes though.