Pete Rose Bet on Baseball

As far as I'm concerned, Rose can go to Cooperstown and sign tawdry items for those who, like him, have no respect for integrity, baseball or the Hall of Fame. (peter gammons)

psssssh....some of us DO respect integrity, baseball, and the HoF and we want Rose to be in there where he belongs. His numbers prove it.

Jim Gray did the right thing. Pete was there for the first time since the banishment, and of course, that is the question you have to ask.

Seems like everyone knew about the evidence against Pete except Pete himself.

We say that now, but this guy was crucified for what he did. I remeber saying the same stuff as well. On retrospect, it was the right thing to do - he was a reporter and was seeking the truth that was apparent to everyone. Too bad because he lost his job and had countless death threats and harassment.

We say that now, but this guy was crucified for what he did. I remeber saying the same stuff as well. On retrospect, it was the right thing to do - he was a reporter and was seeking the truth that was apparent to everyone. Too bad because he lost his job and had countless death threats and harassment.

Oh, I remember...

I didn't, at the time, see anything wrong with his interview, with one exception...he kept asking. I thought, 'Jim...he's not gonna spill now...'

But I couldn't believe the firestorm that happened the next few days. He was just doing his job....ahh well. Glad he gets some sort of retribution after all that time.

Absolutely.  It is wrong that a player of his status never go to HOF.  The only people being robbed are the fans of the future.  They need to know his story.  That's my opinion.

Need to know his story? I think it would be a better story for the "fans of the future" to learn if they saw that one of the best players in baseball was denied a spot in the HOF for doing something dishonorable to baseball. It would teach a lesson, not only to Pete Rose, but to future fans and players who might think to do the same thing.

By the way, has anyone read his book yet? I plan on possibly borrowing it from the library, but definitely NOT buying it. He doesn't deserve any of my money.

betting on baseball gets you banned, apologising shouldnt get you back in good graces.... they banned him for a reason, not because he lied about it, but because he bet on baseball... just because now he admitted it, he shouldnt be reinstated, he just made his story worse. gamble on baseball, and lied about it. good job pete (Y)