El Capitan MenuBar for Windows

The blurb, "ViFind is an El Capitan Menu Bar solution for Windows and it’s not just eye candy either, it’s a fully functional El Capitan menu bar implementation for Windows. Created by the dream team that brought you the original ViStart start menu, Windows X and Lee-Soft are back. Get the Apple style start button and access your start menu like Apple users do and get the El Capitan OSX menu bar and status menus." 

My friend, Kee (better known as Lucifiar or Windows-X) and I wanted to create a more authentic OSX experience for Windows. Not one that only delivers eye candy but functionality too. So we worked on creating a Menu bar simulator. Some of the features in this build include:

• Genuine OS X El Capitan FinderBar user experience
  • Real menu bar from actual software
  • Taskbar items with pinning item and notification support
  • Tray icon support including system icons
  • Date/Time display

This is only a test build really it's still quite buggy and I'm not sure what new features I will implement yet. I would love to get some suggestions and some feedback. It's been a while since I've been on Neowin - it was over 11 years ago in fact when I was developing a Messenger client on here. I really appreciated the honest feedback I got from the community here on Neowin back then so I'm here for some more.

Installation instructions:

1. Ensure your taskbar is set to the top of the desktop

2. a) Download the archive from here http://lee-soft.com/files/vifind_build201.zip 

Extract all files to a folder and open the "ViFind.exe" executable

OR

2. b) Alternatively grab the official installer from ViFind Product Page

Thanks,

Lee

el-capitan-menu-bar-skype-desktop-preview.png

• 2 weeks later...