PS4 Firmware 3.50 and PS Vita Firmware 3.60

PS4:

Main features in system software update 3.50

You can now create events. Select  (Events) > [Create Event], set the date and time, number of players who can join, and other details, and then send invitations to players you want to play with. You can also create events in (Messages).

(Play Together) has been added to  (Party). For online multiplayer games that support the Play Together feature, you can automatically invite other players and start game sessions immediately.

Notification messages are now displayed when Friends go online. You can change the setting in   (Settings) > [Notifications] > [When Friends Go Online].

You can now change your online status to offline, even if you are actually online. When you log in to the PS4™ system, select [Log In With Online Status [Appear Offline]] from the options menu. You can also change your status from your profile screen or the quick menu.

You can now use Remote Play on a computer (Windows® PC or Mac) that has (PS4 Remote Play) installed. Download  (PS4 Remote Play) from the following website, install it, and then connect to your PS4™ system. https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/

You can now broadcast gameplay on dailymotion™. *

PS Vita:

Main features in system software update version 3.60

This system software update improves system performance.

-----

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps-vita/

Last September we put a call out to PS4 owners to test out our next system software update and since we’re getting close to the release of our next update for PS4, we wanted to do it again! Starting today you can sign up to be a beta tester and get a sneak peek at some of the features making their way to your PS4.

The beta program will kick off in early March, and if you’re part of the program, you’ll receive an email with instructions on downloading the system software. You can roll back to the previous system software at any time, so don’t worry about downloading the beta. In order to sign up, you’ll need a PS4 with an Internet connection and a master account. We’ll share more details on the new features you’ll be able to test when the beta begins.

US: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/playstation-4-firmware-35-beta-registration/

EU: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/7P8DGXH

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Our beta program for PlayStation 4’s next major system software update, version 3.50 (codenamed MUSASHI), kicks off tomorrow. If you signed up for the beta and were selected, keep an eye on your email for instructions on downloading.

Regardless of whether you’re in the beta, we wanted to detail some of the key features we’re adding to PS4 in this update. We’re making it easier to play together with friends and adding the ability to appear offline when you’d rather play solo.

New Social Features

Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.

Other New System Features

Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.

Stay tuned for more details on MUSASHI, including additional key features and its release date.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/01/beta-for-playstation-4s-3-50-update-starts-soon-key-features-detailed/

• Like 1

Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.

Have been able to do this in party chat since I can remember or is there some other aspect of this? :s

I assume Remote Play for PC and Mac means Sony is going to officially support the DualShock 4 on Windows and Mac?

I know it's not too hard to get a DualShock working in Windows (no idea about mac) but every way I'm aware of requires unofficial 3rd party software to be installed.  While not a HUGE deal it would be nice to have OFFICIAL support for the controller in Windows. (Official support for the DualShock in Android would be nice as well)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • DrunknMunky pinned this topic
43 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Topic renamed / pinned

Vita FW 3.60 out today too, but no patch notes available yet.

STAAAAHHHHBILITY!

• Like 2

On 4/6/2016 at 9:15 PM, Audioboxer said:

STAAAAHHHHBILITY!

lol.

I tried the Windows remote play thing. I cannot see myself using it much because it looks pretty bad. Even on all the highest settings over a wired connection it's pretty bad.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

PS3 4.80 fw is out today

Lemme guess, stability?!

Better get that PS3 dusted and turned on stat.

1 minute ago, Audioboxer said:

Lemme guess, stability?!

Better get that PS3 dusted and turned on stat.

Most likely, but there are no patch notes yet :p

I wonder if they'll add anything cool when they round up to 5.00. Getting close now!

Just now, Andrew said:

Most likely, but there are no patch notes yet :p

I wonder if they'll add anything cool when they round up to 5.00. Getting close now!

You already know that answer.

Btw FW updates on PS3 to stop at 4.99 confirmed.

• DrunknMunky unpinned this topic