why is internal memory so expensive on devices?

why does the price of devices jump so much between sizes of internal memory storage? considering how cheap micro SD cards have become, you c an get a 64GB class 10 UHS I 3 micro SD card for around £35!

and why do they still make devices with 8/16GB of memory?? 

Entry level devices help build users in an ecosystem, and hopefully when it's time to upgrade they purchase something of the same product, just more storage (because they learn the first time). 

Let's put it this way, I've been buying 16GB iPhones from the beginning, well my next phone will def be more than that... Sucker...

Simple answer: It's a profit driver for companies.

Companies are in business to make profit.  If they can't make profit, they'll stop making that product or service.  Not really a mystery or anything new.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2016 at 10:04 PM, crazzy88ss said:

Simple answer: It's a profit driver for companies.

Companies are in business to make profit.  If they can't make profit, they'll stop making that product or service.  Not really a mystery or anything new.

I agreed with that statement, however making the device with the entry level of 16GB, does not make sense. They have been doing this for a lot of years and still applying the same tag price. But thankfully they are alternative phones now compare to years before than you can find right now pretty cheap. You don't need to pay a lot of money for a specific brand.