Signing Out Everywhere

6 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I use my phone, a tablet, my desktop, and my work PC. It's bloody annoying as all hell for me! :p

Global warming! Need to save the enviroment.

Can confirm, I usually use my laptop and phone. Went ahead and logged in on another PC, got logged out of my phone and laptop. Is this a 'security feature' or a bug? This happened as late as a couple of days ago.

50 minutes ago, Tuskd said:

Can confirm, I usually use my laptop and phone. Went ahead and logged in on another PC, got logged out of my phone and laptop. Is this a 'security feature' or a bug? This happened as late as a couple of days ago.

I believe some are calling it a feature but it's definitely a bug. I'm logged into three machines and randomly I'll lose one and have to sign back in. If it was a feature it would work that way all the time. 

4 minutes ago, Tuskd said:

How many devices at a time can you stay logged in? Mine is 2.

Sometimes 1,2,3 and even 4. 

Hence its a bug. 

Basically the way I understand it is ipb sets a cookie value from the db that is valid for a week. If you log in on all those devices in that time they wont log each other out but if you log in after that time it will reset that value causing the other older logged in sessions to log out.

They are aware its causing a lot of grief though.

17 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Basically the way I understand it is ipb sets a cookie value from the db that is valid for a week. If you log in on all those devices in that time they wont log each other out but if you log in after that time it will reset that value causing the other older logged in sessions to log out.

Nope.  Doesn't matter how long or short between logins. I could log in on one, then immediately on the other, and the first is logged out instantly.

20 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Nope. I don't want a week.   I want to stay logged in longer than that. 

I had no problem with it during 3.x forum days. I wish this login feature move over to 4.x. I don't like this login that logs you out randomly.  

They should add 'Keep logged in for X of days/months/years' in the forum user panel.

I think I may have found the issue. I think it comes down to what options you select while your logging in.

If I leave "Remember me" selected while I log in on the first device, it will stay logged in. Then I go to a different computer and untick "Remember me" (because it a public computer) I will get logged out on the first device. If I have "Remember me" ticked for both login everything works a expected. I think the same can happen with "Sign in anonymously" as well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this issue seems to be back with a vengeance O___O

I was never affected before but since this last upgrade i can only be logged into 1 device at a time.

Yesterday morning my home computer was logged out so i logged in and thought nothing of it. Came to work and my work computer was signed out, again thought nothing of it. last night when i came home that computer was signed out again, and repeat that with my work computer today.

Remember me is checked. I will try fresh cookies today to see if it continues.

Hmm might have something to do with the board upgrade? I have been testing mobile ads and stuff, logging in and out on Mobile, but desktop wasn't signed out once, so it is working fine for me atm :s 

Edit: I also used various different VPN locations (ad related) so my IP changed a few times too, desktop (Chrome)  stayed logged in though.

• Like 1