World Junior Hockey Championship

12 members have voted

1. 1. World Junior Hockey Championship

• Canada
    • US

Ok, so who is it going to be? The US has never won a gold medal at the jr level before and Canada has not been great over the past few years. It is going to be a great game, no one is going to class and are all going to the bar to watch the game!!

Go Canada! :D

Edited by SkId_mARK

It is going to be a great game, no one is going to class and are all going to the bar to watch the game!!

World Juniors??? :huh:

Everyone skipping class to go to the bar to watch the world juniors??? :unsure:

gj canada, score on yourself for the winning goal, im so proud to be canadian right now, btw, they lost 4-3

Edited by KingAndrew876

hmm, go US. only one michigan player playing in it this year...usually we lose 2 or 3 guys for this. i like college hockey the best.

USA just won 4-3 on a poor play by Canadian goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury.

Great game overall though. Congrats to the US Juniors. (Y)

U.S. wins gold at world juniors

Last Updated Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:28:02

HELSINKI - Canada won the silver medal at the world junior hockey championship Monday, losing the gold medal game 4-3 to the United States.

The winning goal came after Canadian goalkeeper Marc-Andre Fleury deflected the puck, which bounced off Canadian defenceman Braydon Coburn and into the net.

It's the first world junior gold medal for the U.S.

Nigel Dawes had two goals for Canada, while Anthony Stewart had one.

Patrick O'Sullivan scored twice for the U.S., while teammates Dan Fritshe and Ryan Kesler added one each.

Canada's last gold medal was in 1997 when they defeated the U.S. 2-0 in Geneva.

Earlier in the day, Finland won the bronze medal with a 2-1 win over the Czech Republic.

Edited by [NFC]Wave

w00t, montoya got the win? he's from michigan. i guess i was wrong. only 1 michigan player (and the only college player) played for canada. dunno who else played for the US.

w00t, montoya got the win?  he's from michigan.  i guess i was wrong.  only 1 michigan player (and the only college player) played for canada.  dunno who else played for the US.

Yep. Patrick O'Sullivan plays for the Missisauga Ice Dogs in the OHL (Ontario Hockey League). Damn good player if I do say so myself.

I wish Corey Perry made the Canada team though. He should have been there IMO. Great player. Oh well. Next year, you Yankees are going to lose on your home turf. :D

Edit. My mistake; it was Patrick O'Sullivan, not Montoya. I had the different goal scorers muddled up.

Edited by [NFC]Wave

montoya plays for the who? i thought he just plays for michigan right now...or is that who he's signed with? but he's only a sophmore i think.

Pretty surprising... I thought Canada would have won for sure. I mean, the US is getting better and better every year with its young players, but Canada churns them out on a consistent basis. Congratulations to them, anyways.