Can't delete podcasts on iTunes - how to stop from storing on iMac

I've been listening to hundreds upon hundreds of podcasts on my daily commute for the last year.  I would download the podcasts on my iPhone and delete them after I listened to them.  Today I was looking at my iTunes folder and realized that they are ALL stored on my iMac.  Every last one.  What the mother f.  They should have never even been synced there.  I've set my iPhone to NOT sync podcasts.  These podcasts aren't even on my iPhone.

How do I stop iTunes from storing all of these podcasts on my iMac in iTunes?

Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 7.11.33 PM.png

Edited by crazzy88ss

1. Go to "My Podcasts" tab

2. On the dropdown list (top-right of list view) make sure "Episode List" is selected (see screenshot)

3. Select each podcast and click Settings to choose how they're synced, if they're downloaded and how long they're kept for.

itunes.png

4 minutes ago, virtorio said:

1. Go to "My Podcasts" tab

2. On the dropdown list (top-right of list view) make sure "Episode List" is selected (see screenshot)

3. Select each podcast and click Settings to choose how they're synced, if they're downloaded and how long they're kept for.

itunes.png

That instruction was mentioned in the first link I posted.

12 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

That instruction was mentioned in the first link I posted.

Ok?

11 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

this post  

Just imagine how many pointless posts you could have saved us all had you just linked to that post originally.

FUN FACT: I did check your link, but only the post you linked to, and it clearly did not answer the question, so I wrote a reply.

25 minutes ago, virtorio said:

Just imagine how many pointless posts you could have saved us all had you just linked to that post originally.

FUN FACT: I did check your link, but only the post you linked to, and it clearly did not answer the question, so I wrote a reply.

The post showed you "Episode List" that's why the poster said it's at the top...  

It is NOT hard to find...  

It's not hard to research for the problem via Google.... it's out there.

If I have a problem with my device, I always go to Google or device's website for a solution.  Easy as 123.

1 minute ago, TAZMINATOR said:

The post showed you "Episode List" that's why the poster said it's at the top...  

It is NOT hard to find...  

It's not hard to research for the problem via Google.... it's out there.

If I have a problem with my device, I always go to Google or device's website for a solution.  Easy as 123.

Good for you. If I have a problem I solve it myself too, that doesn't mean everyone is like that. People come to forums to get answers to questions, not for other users to act as a Google proxy, especially a Google proxy that can't provide a link to the relevant post.

You'd think two members with 25k posts between them could have skipped all that... 

Anyway, I DID google, but didn't find anything specific enough to help me.  Most of the results are for older versions of iTunes or were unrelated to my problem.  

I don't have Podcasts set to Sync, and I only sync my phone about once a month, but there were podcasts on iTunes that were clearly from earlier in the day.  I've adjusted the settings, again, and I'll see if that helps going forward now that I've deleted all of the Podcasts from the library and folders.

• 1 month later...