Monkey Island

What is the best Monkey Island Game?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Monkey Island Game?

• The Secret of Monkey Island
    • Monkey Island 2, Lechuck's Revenge
    • The Curse of Monkey Island
    • Escape from Monkey Island

I've not played these for a couple of years now, but I probably enjoyed the original the most, maybe the second. 3 was ok, and I couldn't really get into 4. (should've been point & click!)

Curse of Monkey Island was my favorite. I liked them all really though, except for #4. I agree with andrewfee, it would've been alot better if it was point&click.

It's such a shame these days that no one really makes any decent adventure games that require you to think....two of my favouries:

Kings Quest V

Laura Bow: The Dagger of Amon Ra

i have them all

i liked the first part the best though the graphics are a li'l lame (i played it on my 286 some 10 years ago)

hated the ending of part 2 though..they screwed it up

Curse of Monkey Island was my favorite. I liked them all really though, except for #4. I agree with andrewfee, it would've been alot better if it was point&click.

Agree 100%. First two were cool, then it just went down, I stopped playing 4 at like 25%.

Secret of Monkey Island was awesome.

LeChuck's Revenge was beyond awesome.

Curse of Monkey Island was so-so but not bad (mainly due to the creator of Monkey Island no longer working for LucasArts so from this game on the storyline doesn't follow its intended path according to the original author).

Escape from Monkey Island was a laugh at times but a really bad game compared to the first three.

I cant remember what it was called, but i remember playing the one with the bridge near the start and the voodoo person.

And getting stuck on an island

I can remember a costume shop and a mansion

It was a long time ago :p :p

I cant remember what it was called, but i remember playing the one with the bridge near the start and the voodoo person.

And getting stuck on an island

I can remember a costume shop and a mansion

It was a long time ago :p :p

That's LeChuck's Revenge. But the voodoo person appears in all the games (and in the fourth game, she says she's got a five-game contract with LucasArts, so there will most likely be a fifth game).

best point and click adventure series ever if you liked this try, grim fandango, broken sword, sam and max hit the road, discworld and any other lucas arts adventure games you can get your hands on!

best point and click adventure series ever if you liked this try, grim fandango, broken sword, sam and max hit the road, discworld and any other lucas arts adventure games you can get your hands on!

Broken Sword and Discworld are not by LucasArts... but great adventures nonetheless. :D

yeah. you forgot day of tentacles, indiana jones 1 and indiana jones 2(cant remember their names).

but speaking of good adventure games i think syberia is one of the best nowadays.