Dell iDRAC - Management Console

Do Dell have software where you can manager multiple servers through idrac?  

We have multiple and I'd like to set like a Policy for all servers to send reports of hardware issues, I can do it individually on the idrac, but want an option where I have one central management point.

Thanks

I don't know of an official dell piece of software but Remote Desktop Manager Free has something like this, I don't have any dell idrac but I do have HP ILO and it looks like this;

pseEUAT.png

We have iDRAC Enterprise on several of our servers, but ive never seen anything like this offered. You might look into the Enterprise option and see if something like this is offered.

I was looking at Open Manager Essentials but that looks more like an agent base.

I was hoping for something like a console then add the idrac IP, set a policy for all like "Email notification upon XXXX" whether that be hdd failure, psu etc

i know youre looking for a central management piece, but our iDRACs already do that individually - sending out notifications when there's a hardware problem.

some people want that single pane of glass to glance at, not relying on notifications or using it as a secondary.   I fully understand where he is coming from, esp from a kvm perspective (being able to easily jump between servers without having a link to click on, creds to type in, or saved in an unsecure browser cache). 

I'll have a look at the Kace later on :D 

It's a shame, something like this doesn't exist, especially as we have a fair amount of dell servers now and good to have these notifications setup for overnight notifications etc.

Not sure how Data centres manage if they use dell :o like us

Thanks

At Teradata we use a custom interface to monitor the Dell iDRAC's (Teradata's new equipment is essentially all Dell R710's, 720's and 730's).  While I know that isn't helpful, I can tell you that it interfaces using standard IPMI interfaces.  If you can find a tool that can alert from an IPMI event, you're good.  Nagios or something similar should work with an IPMI plugin.

• 4 weeks later...

Dell OMSE does what you're looking to do (when you right click on the server, it'll pop up the linked Dell stuff like the iDRAC console).