The post editor still sucks

If i edit a post on a front page news comment... all the spacing is removed.

If I quote someone but decide not to quote and x the window out, the quote is still in the editor for the next time I want to post, and usually can't be deleted unless you CTRL+A, or if you're lucky... hit the red x at the top left of the quote, but that hardly ever shows.

Some times if a quote is loaded, you can't type under the quote.

Chrome and Firefox have these issues occur.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Update: Despite the forum upgrade the other day, it's STILL doing this.  This is probably THE most irritating bug on the forums right now and needs to be addressed.

Future version 4.1.11, seems to contain update for CK Editor used in IPS Forum.

2 minutes ago, Zlip792 said:

Future version 4.1.11, seems to contain update for CK Editor used in IPS Forum.

One can only hope. The current editor is akin to Windows 8: Yes, you can use it, yes, you can whip it into doing what you want it to, but at the end of the day it still feels awkward to use it.

• 3 weeks later...

This 1000x. This is by far the most annoying bug if I edit a post more than once which has formatting.

• 2 months later...

Today I wrote pretty long reply in a news article, hit the post button, and instead of posting that long reply, it decided to post a quote of someone I quoted, BUT DISCARDED before I started with a new post and effectively lost my entire post. Infuriating.

On 3/10/2016 at 7:10 AM, shockz said:

If i edit a post on a front page news comment... all the spacing is removed.

If I quote someone but decide not to quote and x the window out, the quote is still in the editor for the next time I want to post, and usually can't be deleted unless you CTRL+A, or if you're lucky... hit the red x at the top left of the quote, but that hardly ever shows.

Some times if a quote is loaded, you can't type under the quote.

Chrome and Firefox have these issues occur.

The quote bug drives me nuts. I have this on all browsers I use and its not limited to front page articles in my experience. 

32 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

Were you posting from the article, or from the associated forum thread?

Hey Dave, was from the actual front page news article comments, as opposed to a forum thread.

18 hours ago, shockz said:

Hey Dave, was from the actual front page news article comments, as opposed to a forum thread.

Long ago I learned the hard way! Now before I post, I take what i've written and dump it into notepad before hitting submit and Neowin nukes my word vomit from orbit!

On 5/6/2016 at 1:44 AM, Torolol said:

What i miss is preview reply option, sometimes what i type in reply box would looks slightly different after i submit it.

This would really help.

I think what we should all do is everytime it glitches out we should just press submit and make a new post. Then they can see how bad it really is

39 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I think what we should all do is everytime it glitches out we should just press submit and make a new post. Then they can see how bad it really is

Indeed. The apathy is ridiculous. Or perhaps they don't know how to fix it and don't want to admit it. 

12 hours ago, warwagon said:

Sometimes when I post it gets stuck like halfway through and I just sit here and watch for awhile and it does not change so I just leave the site and when I come back there are two posts.