Opting out of Win 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Hi there,

I've upgraded my work issued Lumia 735 (Purchased from O2 UK) from Win 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile Release Preview build 1586.107 as a way to get it early.

I'd like to opt out of the Insider Preview builds but have found when I last tried I missed out on the 2 most recent builds, so asking how do you properly move back to Production Ring and still get the stable non-technical preview builds?  I tried switching to Production Ring and then leaving the Insider Programme and this didn't work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Interesting, I thought Production Ring would be a way of leaving the Insider Programme, or is it a case of eventually leaving the Insider Programme after it's picked up the next build?

22 minutes ago, StevenNT said:

Interesting, I thought Production Ring would be a way of leaving the Insider Programme, or is it a case of eventually leaving the Insider Programme after it's picked up the next build?

No, production ring basically gets Insider Builds that are ready for release, but may have one or two lingering bugs that need squashed (As is my understanding of it). 

Edited by Dot Matrix

Oh right, now I get it, so I guess the only way to really cleanly leave the Insider Programme is wait for a Retail build to appear on the "Windows Device Recovery Tool" to get it back to "Retail" while staying on Win 10 Mobile ?

3 minutes ago, StevenNT said:

Oh right, now I get it, so I guess the only way to really cleanly leave the Insider Programme is wait for a Retail build to appear on the "Windows Device Recovery Tool" to get it back to "Retail" while staying on Win 10 Mobile ?

Correct. I believe the last build for that is 1586.107.

Cool, for me is not on the "Windows Device Recovery Tool" as of yet so I assume I have to wait a bit longer, it's not a big issue