[PC game issue] Black blocks appearing in upper left hand corner of Shadow of Mordor

Not really sure what is causing this, although I feel like I have seen it in games before. It appears and changes when you are moving the camera around. If anyone can offer an explanation or fix I'd appreciate it.

Tech specs:

8192MB AMD Radeon R9 390 Series (Gigabyte) (latest drivers)

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 2

Images illustrating the issue:

Rep7qxG.jpg

fxgSrSa.jpg

rLLNl5J.jpg

I remember something way back, when I used to play wow on an ati card, there was a driver issue, and the game would lag to afk bootout

do you have an older driver? To check if the problem persists?

I think AMD hosts older drivers, although the last set of drivers gave me other problems so I might just have to live with it. It isn't game breaking.

Ive seen a similar issue on the same game on my 970, when set on ultra. I found downloading the "ultraHD" texture patch for the game seemed to fix it for me, its a 4Gb texture pack, otherwise running ultra without it just runs high textures. Be aware though they recc 6Gb ram on your GPU for it, but it happily runs on 4Gb on my 970.

keep with it mate, the games a belter, ive put in 150hours worth and last night finally got 100% completion :) now to start the DLC

16 hours ago, Mando said:

Ive seen a similar issue on the same game on my 970, when set on ultra. I found downloading the "ultraHD" texture patch for the game seemed to fix it for me, its a 4Gb texture pack, otherwise running ultra without it just runs high textures. Be aware though they recc 6Gb ram on your GPU for it, but it happily runs on 4Gb on my 970.

keep with it mate, the games a belter, ive put in 150hours worth and last night finally got 100% completion :) now to start the DLC

Thanks for the reply. 

I do have the HD content update I downloaded from Steam. I might just have to fiddle with the gfx settings and see what I can come up with, I usually can't be bothered and just go auto config or pretty much max out everything.

I am loving the game. I think this is one game I might try to 100% too. I also have all of the DLC content. ;)

10 hours ago, compl3x said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I do have the HD content update I downloaded from Steam. I might just have to fiddle with the gfx settings and see what I can come up with, I usually can't be bothered and just go auto config or pretty much max out everything.

I am loving the game. I think this is one game I might try to 100% too. I also have all of the DLC content. ;)

it is a dammed fine game tbh :) i let Nvidia Geforce experience set the graphics settings on my 970, running it with DSR @ 4K resolutions downscaled to 1080p looks jawdropping :) if i unlock the frame rate cap, even with ultra textures my mid range rig manages 60-100fps even with ultra set :D dont know if AMD gfx setting shas a similar option for texture quality in generral, i have found some shading issues if left at standard Quality, i ramp it up to High Quality Texture in driver resolves a lot of those kind of issues.